NEW WIFI Atheros Driver(7.6.1.149)

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by airjack, Oct 15, 2008.

1. airjack

Guest Guest

I went back to the 0.260 driver. With the new driver, Skype believes my internet connection is too slow for two way video. Fyi I have the aspireone 150. Am interested in the 1.140 driver.

Guest, Oct 25, 2008
  2. airjack

Mongkb

File sent, pls check and test ;)

Mongkb, Oct 25, 2008
  3. airjack

Pandemonium

Pandemonium, Oct 25, 2008
  4. airjack

br0nx finest

I upgraded to the 1.140 driver, and here's my speeds (speedtest.net)

while on AC power

[​IMG]

while on battery

[​IMG]

I didn't do the test with previous driver, to provide a baseline, sorry. FYI, I'm on cable/wifi connection.

br0nx finest, Oct 26, 2008
  5. airjack

Sarvatt

I seem to have fixed my disconnection problems in vista just in time for my new wifi card to arrive :D. I looked through the changelog on the bios updates to see what changed between 3109 and 3114 to make 3109 work in vista for some people and 3114 not, and saw these lines -
    So it looked like the insydeh20 EFI firmware was smart enough to detect which OS was being booted and vista being unsupported and all was screwing things up. Some people were saying their wifi problems were fixed in XP with the newer drivers and I noticed that the power options weren't present in the vista version driver properties page. Going through the inf, I saw some strings I could add to mess with the power settings and override the vista power management, so I disabled all of the power management options in the atheros drivers that I could find to try to track down the culprit. At first just setting pciAspm to 0 seemed to work but I'm afraid I have to dig deeper so I added all of the power management features I could find to the advanced properties page in the drivers defaulted to off. Previously the wireless would deauthenticate from my router and hang with only local access until I disabled and reenabled after downloading around 500MB or so *without fail*, but I've been going 5 hours downloading nonstop at 2.6MB/second (ubuntu torrents) and it hasn't disconnected since. EDIT: Wireless died, but I hadn't rebooted after editing the registry so it probably didn't stick. Uninstalled and reinstalled with the newly edited drivers I posted and I'm crossing my fingers :D I flashed to 3505 as well

Vista 32 drivers from the v7.6.1.140 package with modified .inf-
    http://rapidshare.com/files/157815850/W ... 2.rar.html

Sarvatt, Oct 26, 2008
  6. airjack

ovaltine

Here is a even newer driver for Atheros in AAO.

The version is 7.6.1.160 (for XP).
    Nothing changed for Vista driver, still 7.6.1.122.

http://www.badongo.com/file/11852092

I've downloaded and installed it, so far so good.

ovaltine, Oct 28, 2008
  7. airjack

Rupi

I downloaded an installed the latest driver ( 7.6.1.160 ) and my WIFI connection is *much* better - I would say twice as fast as with the original driver :lol:

So far no problems using a couple of different networks. I am very happy.

Rupi, Oct 30, 2008
  8. airjack

trueblue

Hey Sarvatt, thanks a lot for providing these hacked drivers. I was having roughly the same problems as you, dropping the connection to my router after 200 MB to 300 MB had been transmitted. I just transferred a 500 MB file over my network with no problems. Although I was noticing that with other drivers, it was transferring at about 2.1 MB/sec, but now it's going at about half that.

I just thought I'd double check though, are you sure it's ok to be using these non-official drivers?

trueblue, Oct 30, 2008
  9. airjack

wongnog

Does someone still have those hacked 7.6.1.140 drivers for Vista? The rapidshare link no longer works....

wongnog, Nov 20, 2008
Ask a Question