Newbie 1 OSX 0 SBM Thumbs Up you rock

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by zebek, Oct 3, 2008.

1. zebek

zebek

First off need to say a big thank you to SBM for the iATK0S guide. I am up and running, and very impressed about the stability of this machine, I may not even put Winblows on it now. I still need some help though.......with programs etc since this is my first MAC......lol ALSO I love, just love the Front Row application....so cool....

Photobooth - how do I make it all fit the screen?

In Windows I used the following programs...what are some similar programs under OSX

iZARc Compression Utility
    imgBurn
    Newsleecher
    Quickpar

Soon to install either Aperature or Lightroom.......

zebek, Oct 3, 2008
  2. zebek

SbM

Thank /you/ ;)

Search for aRt's GUI scaling widget on this forum, it works fine.

SbM, Oct 3, 2008
  3. zebek

johnwillo

You can uncompress a zip file just by double-clicking it. For other formats, the easiest to use would probably Stuffit Expander (http://www.Stuffit-Expander.com/). Just drop files on it to de-archive them. You can zip files or folders by right-clicking on them and selecting "Compress."

Disk Utility (in /Applications/Utilities) will burn iso images or make images of disks, if that's what imgBurn does. Of course, you'll need an external drive.

If Newsleecher is a USENET reader, I use Unison (http://www.panic.com/) If it's an RSS aggregator, then there are Mac equivalents but I don't know them.

johnwillo, Oct 3, 2008
  4. zebek

vl2006

For compressing and uncompressing I use stuffit. For Usenet i also use Unison and MacPar deluxe to deal with the par files. When it comes to imgburn I use toast unless im burning a 360 game then i use iburn360. Btw thanks for asking about the screen resizing cause i had that exact same question.

vl2006, Oct 5, 2008
Ask a Question