Newbie questions

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by mdgo80, Jan 19, 2009.

1. mdgo80

mdgo80

Hi everyone i already have my xfce4 desktop running but i want to know a few things:

1. If i want to put more icons on my desktop so i can stop using the rightclick menu, how can a i do it?

2. If i want to search in the web for a theme and install it, is this possible how can i do it?

3. I want to install a dock, i tried the instructions in the change acer to xfce4 thread but didn't work

4. If i can't do all this things with xfce4 do i have other options?

5. There's anyway to take snaptshots of my desktop?

Tks in advance

mdgo80, Jan 19, 2009
  2. mdgo80

GvidoR

Yes, you can create a desktop switcher button on the taskbar and then put more icons on the `normal` desktop.
    Instructions: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1525

Yes, you can install another theme by replacing the original desktop images, to new ones.
    Instructions: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7921

Yes, you can install a dock, but you have to be in the `normal` desktop and it is recommended to have at least 1GB RAM!
    Some Information: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5015

I think you will be able to do enough...

Yes! Press the PrtSc SysRq button on the keyboard (very top, 4th from left). A box will pop up and ask where to save it.

GvidoR, Jan 21, 2009
Ask a Question