Newbie with a question

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by AdamC60803, Aug 11, 2009.

1. AdamC60803

AdamC60803

I don't even have my AA1 yet and I've already got questions. And I'm sure I'll have many more once I get it tomorrow.

Anyway, just a simple question right off the bat.....

I was wondering if a USB hub (4 from 1) will work with D250? Not that I think I'll be needing to plug that many devices into my AA1, but at least I'll have an idea of what my limits will be.

Thanks in advance.

AJC

:)

AdamC60803, Aug 11, 2009
  2. AdamC60803

Forone

Since getting the Acer I have my bigger stronger "main" laptop doing desktop duty with a keyboard, mouse, external HDD and DVD/RW plugged into a USB hub - when I swap in the Acer there's no recognition problem, and no noticeable performance hit, though I haven't done anything serious with the Acer as desktop, since I put it in primarily to free up the big beast or just to install something from CD or DVD - it's been on AC power when I've done it so no idea about battery operation. Maybe somebody else uses it more intensively in this mode.

Forone, Aug 12, 2009
  3. AdamC60803

AdamC60803

Thanks for the reply.

So far the only thing I've hooked up to any of the ports is an external mouse (the touchpad mouse is going crazy, but that's a topic for another thread), and an external hard drive.

I already love my AA1.

:)

AdamC60803, Aug 14, 2009
  4. AdamC60803

Forone

They're great little machines - I'm still surprised how much I'm using it.

Forone, Aug 14, 2009
Ask a Question