no access to terminal program anymore

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by tinu, Dec 13, 2008.

1. tinu

tinu

I changed as root the Client0_Command in /etc/xdg/xfce4-session/xfce4-session.rc
    but made a typo.. Result is that I'm getting now a blank desktop with only the Acer search bar. I need to correct the error but the context menu which I activated beforehand to get the terminal program is not working and also alt+F2 is not working. Is there any other way to access the above file? I don't want to make a full recovery just because that.. Thanks a lot for your help
    Martin

tinu, Dec 13, 2008
  2. tinu

dskid807

You could fix it if you booted into a LiveUSB distro such as ubuntu or fedora, then accessed the internal HDD and change the file from there.

dskid807, Dec 13, 2008
  3. tinu

tinu

thanks for the hint. was now trying to boot puppy linux from usb but only getting as far as 'Loading vmlinuz.....' and then nothing happens - what could help ?

tinu, Dec 14, 2008
  4. tinu

RockDoctor

Take out any SD card you have in either slot - older versions of Puppy object to that for some reason (there are at least two new puplets [Puppy derivatives] built with the 2.6.27 kernel that don't have this problem).

RockDoctor, Dec 14, 2008
  5. tinu

tinu

ok, checked: No SD card in either slot and using puppy linux 3.01 - I also tried with different MBR but still without success :-(

tinu, Dec 15, 2008
  6. tinu

RockDoctor

RockDoctor, Dec 15, 2008
Ask a Question