No apps download

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Toto, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Toto

Toto

Hi everybody
    Have had the one for more than 2 months(8GB SSD Linpus lite with ACER liveupdates and desktop hacks), pretty pleased with it.
    ONLY PROBLEM (Note that I even had same problem after fresh recovery)
    I have not been able to download any apps/sw from the repositories, have seen many topics addressing the problem,
    which seems to remain unresolved. Tried everything, including advice in topic
    viewtopic.php?f=17&t=177&p=41641&hilit=Cannot+retrieve+repository+metadata#p41641
    keep getting the same message, even after yum clean all, sudo yum install fedora-update
    Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: fedora. Please verify its path and try again
    similar to the messages in the above mentioned topic.
    cat /etc/redhat-release returns Fedora release 8 (Werewolf)
    cat /var/cache/yum/fedora/mirrorlist.txt returns no file at all
    Been able to manually download software and got yumex running
    Yum setup returns-Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: fedora. Please verify its path and try again This is really bugging me can't download NADA. Help appreciated, sorry fot the long post. :D Toto

Toto, Nov 12, 2008
Ask a Question