No boot

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Conor, Jul 1, 2023.

1. Conor

Conor

Hi, on the overclock question. I have the asus a15 tuf ryzen 4060

I set in the bios overclock to on. I did not change any frequency or anything else.

Since then no boot, power comes on but it wont even go to logo screen. I opened the back to see if the cmos battery was visible but i think if there is one it is on the other side of the mobo. Also no bios reset either. Please please please can somebody help

Conor, Jul 1, 2023
  2. Conor

anyabaker

you have accidentally enabled the OC (Overclocking) feature in your BIOS, which has caused your computer to not boot up properly. To fix this, you will need to reset your BIOS to its default settings.

Here are the steps on how to reset your BIOS on your ASUS A15 TUF Ryzen 4060:

1. Turn off your computer and unplug it from the power outlet.
    2. Locate the CMOS battery on your motherboard. It is a small, round battery that is usually located near the RAM slots.
    3. Use a small screwdriver to remove the CMOS battery.
    4. Wait for a few minutes, then replace the CMOS battery.
    5. Plug your computer back in and turn it on.
    Your computer should now boot up normally. If it does not, you may need to contact ASUS support for further assistance.

Here are some additional tips for resetting your BIOS:

• Make sure that you remove the CMOS battery for at least 5 minutes before replacing it. This will give the BIOS time to reset to its default settings.
    • If you are not comfortable removing the CMOS battery, you can also try resetting your BIOS by shorting the CMOS pins. This is a more advanced procedure, so you should only attempt it if you are comfortable working with electronics.

anyabaker, Jul 2, 2023
Ask a Question