No icon for Dolphin

Discussion in 'Networking' started by AlanM, Apr 17, 2009.

1. AlanM

AlanM

I installed Dolphin on my Linpus AAO and it works fine for me in being able to copy / paste files and folders between the AAO and networked Windows/XPs. To execute Dolphin I have to go to the advanced menu > System > Dolphin. Not too big a deal but it would be good to have the icon on the basic Acer desktop. I tried the obvious ie putting
    <app sequence="9">/usr/share/applications/kde4/dolphin.desktop</app>
    in the correct place in /home/user/.config/xfce4/desktop/group-app.xml but this does not work. Has anyone found a way to do this?

AlanM, Apr 17, 2009
  2. AlanM

Noodle1975

I had this problem, not really able to solve it, but found that capital D - "Dolphin.desktop" worked sporadically.

Noodle1975, Apr 17, 2009
  3. AlanM

Noodle1975

Have you tried using konqueror also? I prefer that to dolphin now anyway...

in a terminal, type: "kdesu konqueror" + enter

try it out.

Noodle1975, Apr 17, 2009
  4. AlanM

AlanM

Thanks for the suggestions. Case dependency, always a problem for me to remember. However my version of Dolphin (V1.1 + KDE V4.1.3) has a desktop file with a small "d" - perhaps yours is different. I tried Dolphin.desktop anyway but no result as might be expected.
    I tried Konquerer before and it has a larger footprint in my 8GB of SSD so went back to Dolphin. Possibly Konquerer has more function but Dolphin does the job for me.
    Thanks again - I guess I'll live with access via the advanced desktop.

AlanM, Apr 19, 2009
Ask a Question