No icons on the desktop

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Mats184, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Mats184

Mats184

Today i turned on my aao. The start up went good, but there is no icons on my desktop! Just searchbar and the battery, network and sound icon on the bottom. When I try to run anything this message appears: Nautilus is not running. What shall I do? I can't access my files, not my programs and not the terminal/settings or the rightclick on desktop! I REALLY NEED HELP! PLEASE!

Mats184, Jan 18, 2009
  2. Mats184

daldred

If a few restarts don't help, you may have to resort to a recovery using the CD provided with your One.

Had you enabled the right-click menus, and are they working?

daldred, Jan 18, 2009
  3. Mats184

Mats184

Yeah, thats the strangest thing, the right-click was enabled 1 week ago. No problems at all, 'till now. Is there anyway other then the recovery disc?

Mats184, Jan 19, 2009
  4. Mats184

daldred

If there's no way of getting to a terminal, then I can't see much option other than a recovery. You migvth then like to look at this post where I describe a way of setting things up so that yo u should always have at least a terminal available - it's useful if everything else goes bad on you!

daldred, Jan 19, 2009
Ask a Question