No More Linux on Acer Netbook

Discussion in 'Linux' started by FlyShadow, Jun 11, 2009.

1. FlyShadow

FlyShadow

Hi all,

We all knew that Acer is going to ship Netbook with Android a week ago. Recently I got underground news from IT buddies that Acer not only decided to go for Android but withdraw Linux OS as well. There would be no more Linux OS on Netbook because of the poor quality and complain from worldwide end users of the Linpus Lite OS. It look like that the big boss is really pissed off by that company. However, it should not kill the survival of Linux finally.

I am neutral of this decision but I wonder if linux which stayed in the world for more than a decade still not getting popularity, how could Android achieve?

cheers,

FlyShaow

FlyShadow, Jun 11, 2009
  2. FlyShadow

DutchDK

If the "big boss" (I guess you mean Acer's CEO) is pissed with "that company" (I guess you mean Linpus), he can only be pissed at his own company, since LinpusTechnologies is owned by the Acer Group.

Those underground news you talk about are null and void unless you can provide a verifiable source, and sounds more like rumour-monging and SOP FUD spreading.

DutchDK, Jun 11, 2009
  3. FlyShadow

garrovick

There is talk on the net about Android and Acer, but nothing about dumping Linux all together. The only thing Google has mentioned in passing, is that it's okay with them...

garrovick, Jun 11, 2009
  4. FlyShadow

cybershrike

I imagine they'll try decide whether the sales make it worth having a load of hardware out there with Linux on. Sales good and good customer feedback they'll keep it, otherwise it'll get dropped pretty damn quick.

cybershrike, Jun 11, 2009
Ask a Question