No mouse/trackpad options in System Prefs...

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by flavoredair, Mar 26, 2009.

1. flavoredair

flavoredair

I've had iAtkos running for a while now and have been using a usb mouse constantly until today. I noticed in the System Preferences that when I click on Keyboard/Mouse, there's no tab for mouse/trackpad options. I'm guessing I'm missing a kext file. If anyone could direct me to where I'd be able to download it/what exactly I need to download, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

flavoredair, Mar 26, 2009
  2. flavoredair

mene

I have replicated this fault with an Iatkos v5 disc after I performed a 10.5.6 update.
    If you only restore AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext after the update, your keyboard and mouse touch pad will work, but you wont have any system preferences for the Touch Pad.
    You will need to also restore the original /Library/PreferencePanes/Keyboard.prefPane file that was installed from the DVD.

If you failed to back it up before you performed the update, you can use Pacifist to extract the original one from the DVD.
    Put it back where it should be and reboot.

You should now have System Preferences for your Touch Pad.

Regards,

Jamie

mene, Apr 7, 2009
  3. flavoredair

nicholms

I've installed XxX 10.5.6 on my D150 (the 10") and was stuck with only cursor movement from the trackpad and nothing else. After getting the keyboard.prefpane from the iATKOS 5i disk, and installing it as described above, the trackpad works just fine, with settings from the tab in the Keyboard/Mouse System Preferences.

Thanks for the posting, as it fixed a big problem I was having.

nicholms, Apr 9, 2009
Ask a Question