no network connection won't dial up?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by LIBRALASS41, Jul 30, 2009.

1. LIBRALASS41

LIBRALASS41

Please can someone help me? Blondie question here.

Have a acer aspire one, worked fine, today switched power on and it didn't automatically search for router connection (just have a logo of double computer screen with red cross on / says no network connection ?)
    Usually get the swirling logo and a connection - have a belkin router. The internet connection is fine on the router -I am typing now from my desk top, so its definatly the notebook .

Have double clicked connection management on icon of computer with red cross, and have there
    Auto Belkin54g
    LAN-O

PRESSING 'new '(page 7 of application manual) It is set on LAN and in book says set to WLAN, so did that,
    when adding access router code and getting to 'wireless network list' PAGE 9, it is EMPTY? :eek: in manual it has a list starting with acerwireless and to click ok?
    What now as to proceed -page 10 i need to click acer wireless?

help ! :oops:

LIBRALASS41, Jul 30, 2009
  2. LIBRALASS41

fweigel

Ok, if I have it right, the Acer won't connect with the wireless access point.

Make sure that the yellow light on the lower right is ON. If it isn't, pull the switch below it. It should turn on, and connect.

If not (or if its already on). power cycle the Acer. When it comes back, is it working? If so, ok. If not, and the yellow light is on, right click the connection icon and see if any access points show up. If some do, but yours doe esn't, your access point is probably defective. If yours shows up, try clicking on it to establish a connection.

If NO access points show up, try again somewhere else, where you know there is an access point (Macdonalds, maybe).

The wireless hardware in the Acer may be defective.

Post more details...

fweigel, Aug 1, 2009
  3. LIBRALASS41

LIBRALASS41

doh! LOWER RIGHT SWITCH OFF! lol, I never touch this as it was set up for me by a kind chappie who linked up to router , someone must of switched it off,
    cheers :roll:

LIBRALASS41, Aug 4, 2009
Ask a Question