No sound from Acer One speakers

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by hiloguy1, Sep 2, 2009.

1. hiloguy1

hiloguy1

When I got my new Acer One (8.9" Netbook) about two months ago, the sound from the speakers was very weak, but it worked. It got progressively weaker and now is barely audible. But there is full volume to the phone jack, so this should be easy for some expert to diagnose . . . shouldn't it?

Yes, I tried tech support, but after waiting nearly an hour, I left a message that was not returned.

Any help will be appreciated!

BTW, other than that, this little machine is really great. It's specifically for travelling, and it fits in my wife's purse!

hiloguy1, Sep 2, 2009
  2. hiloguy1

Redrik

In the absence of any information to the contrary from Acer, I believe it's a design fault. I have the same problem exactly. The microphone is the same so using my softphone is a problem if the other party doesn't have video or cannot lip read. This Acer One is a hard won replacement for the first one that wouldn't charge so I regret not buying something else. The best option is to send it back to Acer. If they can't fix it they will replace it. That should allow you a few weeks rest before having to set it up the same way you spent hours setting it up before. Don't forget to back up your data. :roll:

Redrik, Sep 4, 2009
Ask a Question