No wifi, no icon, no internet (hell of life)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by davidvolcano, Nov 13, 2008.

1. davidvolcano

davidvolcano

Hi!
    Just wondering if some of you had the same problem as I (Just searched for it in the forum but no answer)

Sometimes I connect my AAO and no internet icon appear (within the no-internet connection result)
    Tried to do it manually but I click the connection button on the configuration panel (settings I think, my computer is in spanish) but nothing happens
    Switch on/off the front wifi button and nothing happens too

I restart the computer and...magically appears the internet connection (sometimes take two or more restart, power on/off, etc)

Any clue? any solution?

davidvolcano, Nov 13, 2008
  2. davidvolcano

ywhsu

Hi

Not offering help because this also happened to me today. I turned the One on Thursday morning and was able to turn on the wifi and found a signal (did not connect because the place had a secured wifi and I didn't want to ask for the password etc). Turn the One off after that. I got home and was working off the ethernet. After a while I tried to turn on the wifi button on the front. Did not get any light on. Used Norton GoBack and the problem was not solved. No wireless icon in the system tray. No light on response when I tried to switch on the wifi button. Found this post. Restarted the computer probably twice. Eventually got the wife icon back in the system tray. Was able to switch on the wifi button and got a signal.

Hope this won't happen again. I don't think this is related to the slow wifi connection another post was talking about, which involved updating the BIOS and WLAN driver.

ywhsu, Nov 14, 2008
  3. davidvolcano

adamsully

There is a fix for the wifi problems that seems to be successful for most people using Windows XP SP3. It involves updating to the newest version of the BIOS and the WLAN driver. It's super easy to do. Just do a search for "Wifi problems fixed!"

Edit: In response to the second post. It actually probably is the same problem that is fixed by the updates. Before I fixed my AAO the WLAN card would even disappear from the Device Manager. I recommend doing the updates anyway because they offer other improvements to your machine such as better battery life and increased performance.

adamsully, Nov 14, 2008
Ask a Question