Non-working externl cd-drive

Discussion in 'Windows' started by p3aul, Jan 3, 2010.

1. p3aul

p3aul

I bought a Liteon cd-dvd writer from wally world. connected it to power and usb port. Turned on the switch. The cd light came on and windows xp found the drive and installed the drivers. I opened the tray and placed a cd in. went to windows explorer and there was the drive! I clicked on the drive expecting to see the contents. NONE! I tried another CD. Same result. I checked the device manager and it says everything is working properly.

Cn anyone help me?
    thanks,
    Paul

p3aul, Jan 3, 2010
  2. p3aul

melhiore

Can you check this drive with another PC?? What type of CDs you tested - burn by your self or originals?? Sometimes different CD drives do not read CD/DVD done/burned with maximum speed on other writers...

melhiore, Jan 3, 2010
  3. p3aul

p3aul

OK I got it working! I had packaged it back up for return to store when I decided to try one last time. this time t worked! The first time the drive was unlevel which may have been the problem, because I didn't do anything else different.
    Thanks,
    Paul

p3aul, Jan 3, 2010
Ask a Question