Not able to enable wired adapter

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Nissan_350Z, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Nissan_350Z

Nissan_350Z

I disabled the integrated network adapter (wired) (not sure why i did this) but now when i try to re-enable it the netbook freezes every time? any help would be appreciated!

Nissan_350Z, Feb 18, 2010
  2. Nissan_350Z

Pytheas

I had the same problem when I first tried to setup my laptop. I think it had to do with incomplete driver update, while I was trying to update the adapter's drivers using the wired connection. You can follow the next steps to see if it works for you:

1. Connect to the internet using wireless (not ethernet)
    2. Download both the latest and the previous drivers for your adapter (Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller - it is the model RTL8167, if I am not mistaken)
    3. Uninstall the adapter from the Device Manager
    4. Restart the netbook
    5. Try to install the adapter using the latest drivers
    6. If 5 doesn't work, repeat the procedure using the previous drivers and then try to update them using the Device Manager.

I wish you good luck! Just tell us if this works for you.

Pytheas, Feb 18, 2010
  3. Nissan_350Z

Indie

4. Nissan_350Z

Nissan_350Z

k i tried the links Indie posted below.. i followed the steps (i couldnt disable it then restart it or else it would hang at start up) and as soon as it started running the installation program it showed the little bubble and said New Hardware Found and then it recognized it.. and hang. so i had to restart into safe mode to disable it or else it would hang at the windows xp boot screen.. so i went to the acer support site and tried those drivers.. they did the same thing only upon restarting.. so i had to go back into safe mode and disable it again just to get back to running it normally.. im not sure why these netbooks are so bad to freeze.. thanks!

Nissan_350Z, Feb 19, 2010
  5. Nissan_350Z

Indie

Tell me Nissan, does XP feel faster than Vista? I just want to know for I want to Multiboot, well in this case Tri-Boot.

Indie, Feb 19, 2010
  6. Nissan_350Z

Nissan_350Z

oh it's much better.. i think part of my problem was i never seen there was a graphics driver update.. and with everything going so slowly i just got frustrated and went to XP because i knew it was much easier on the battery and memory and such.. even battery life has extended a bit.. but a lot of people seem to really like it with the new graphics driver update.. so if you do end up tribooting with vista i would make sure you install that driver.. i'm thinking about upgrading this to windows 7 because i have an ultimate disc but im not sure as to how this could handle it seeing as i cant even really skype for too long without it locking up on me.. but good luck!

Nissan_350Z, Feb 19, 2010
Ask a Question