Not able to install win 7 home on Aspire One D250

Discussion in 'Windows' started by pacostrano, Jan 16, 2010.

1. pacostrano

pacostrano

Greetings all,

I'm pretty new here and I found this forum to be able to check if someone had the same issue then me but it seems that I can't find anything so I hope someone will be able to help me.

I'm trying to install Windows 7 home edition with an USB stick. Everything boot find it's only that when it's time to install the Operating System at the window that ask you Where do you want to install Windows when I select the partition that its already format it's giving me the error "Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the Setup logs files for more information". So I was hoping someone know how to resolve this issue. BTW I kind find any setup logs lol.

Oh almost forgot I still have the recovery partition for win 7 starter on it so a was wondering if it's because of this partition that causing the problem

Thank you for you times,

Paco

pacostrano, Jan 16, 2010
  2. pacostrano

Nambleruk

Can I ask why you didnt perform an upgrade installation? Might have been easier than clean install.

Anyways, have you tried to use the format tool within the setup for Win7? Then try selecting the relevant partition.
    The problem may be the type of partition created or the partition tables may be corrupted. I had similar problems when changing mine from ubuntu to Win7. Ended up have to rellash the bios to the latest version (3310 for the AOA150) then reinstalling ubuntu, finally doing a clean install of Win7 Home Premium.

This forum gives many answers to Win7 problems: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/For ... y/windows7

This site gives useful hints and tools for Win7: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/

Hope some of this helps

Nambleruk, Jan 16, 2010
  3. pacostrano

pacostrano

Thanks for your reply

The thing that my Win 7 is a retail version that I use it for 3 computers at home this is why i just didn't do the upgrade. I formated the partition with the Win 7 when you install windows. Maybe its like what you said that it might be corrupt or something like that.

Thanks for these site :)

Paco

pacostrano, Jan 16, 2010
Ask a Question