Now it's broken.

Discussion in 'Linux' started by groeswenphil, Apr 10, 2009.

1. groeswenphil

groeswenphil

Fool that I am..........

I had a magazine that explained how to get Ubuntu to work on my Aspire.
    So I tried...........and I did get Ubuntu working. Everything appeard to be working (from a USB thingy) but I couldn't get a network connection.
    SO I shut down and started up again in Linpus..........and now I can't get a connection there either.

I guess I'm doomed now.

Phil

groeswenphil, Apr 10, 2009
  2. groeswenphil

groeswenphil

It's OK. It's mended itself.
    I wish my lawn mower could mend itself.

:O)

Phil

3. groeswenphil

solpuerto

Hi Phil

To avoid heart attacks get yourself a good backup/restore system, look at macles blog via the following link;

http://macles.blogspot.com/search?updat ... results=12

As you will see from my signature I have Ubuntu working from a USB but the hardest part was getting the wireless connection to work. Even though I eventually succeeded I can only pick up my router at about 80% and that sat on top of it. I cannot see any of my neighbours routers with Ubuntu but I can with Linpus. I know it is not the fault of the OS but the wireless driver compatibility with the Aspire.

If you want to try again use Unetbootin with the Ubuntu ISO.

Yesterday you were very happy with your solitaire, today you nearly ruined your Easter break. Experimenting without a good backup plan is not good.

Best wishes

solpuerto, Apr 10, 2009
  4. groeswenphil

groeswenphil

I hate to own up to this but I've spent most of this evening first trying to get Ubuntu working from a USB stick, then ditching Linpus for Ubuntu permanently.

AND...........at the moment everything is working just fine.....even wifi.

I've also installed wine and Spotify...have you tried that? It's a free music service....wonderful.

I love the features of Ubuntu and as I said, have used Ubuntu for about two years and have an awful lot of Ubuntu books on my shelf.

Ubuntu certainly looks nicer but it doesn't appear to be as responsive as Linpus.....things take just a little more time.

Thanks for the support. Just going to play a game of AisleRiot Solitaire before bed.
    Thanks,
    Phil

5. groeswenphil

donec

If it did you would not ever have an excuse to not do the lawn. :lol:

donec, Apr 11, 2009
Ask a Question