ntldr missing

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by tini, Oct 26, 2009.

1. tini

tini

Hiya, I'm not very good with things like this, but when I turn on my AcerAspireOne, I get this message: NTLDR is missing press ctrl + alt + del to restart, I do this, same message, I have also tried alt + f10 to restore to factory settings, but it fails at 51%. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Tini

How can I reformat the AA1 when there is no cd/dvd drive and no floppy drive?

tini, Oct 26, 2009
  2. tini

yachtpro

Restore to factory settings should be able to be done by using the Acer eRecovery program in your start menu. I have never had to use it, but supposedly it accesses the info contained in a hidden partition on your hard drive where the recovery program is stored. IF it works, it will completely restore the AA1 back to factory fresh condition. There is NO provision for saving any of your data or programs. It will be a fresh install of Windows and all the drivers for the Acer and EVERYTHING else will be lost.

yachtpro, Nov 9, 2009
Ask a Question