ONE - No right button on touchpad !

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by maxmix, Dec 26, 2008.

1. maxmix

maxmix

Hi Guys - Nice Site :)

Been browsing here so I think I have my answer, just to double check ! (Too much hassle to send back etc)

Got a 120GB 1GB XP One for Xmas..... Right button will not work but the left is weird.....

Everytime I click on the desktop I get a box starting to be drawn.... Looks like right button antics....

I can really only move around and use Tab, Space etc....

Do you think a wire could be lose under keyboard..... This is just out of the box !

I uninstalled driver and reinstalled, still the same....

Thanks

maxmix

PS Can you get under the KB easily, if so how ?

maxmix, Dec 26, 2008
  2. maxmix

rgarjr

Yeah getting a keyboard off is a easy just follow the many tutorials that are on here for that. It coudl be the ribbon cable for the trackpad isn't seated properly. Would be a good test to take it out and re-secure it.

rgarjr, Dec 26, 2008
  3. maxmix

fizikz

It's possible that a wire is under the trackpad button. When you press it does it click crisply and make a 'click' sound, or is it mushy? If it's not a crisp click, I'd suspect a wire slipped under the button. This happened to mine when I got the RAM upgraded. To reach the trackpad, you'll need to disassemble more than just the keyboard, though.

fizikz, Dec 26, 2008
  4. maxmix

maxmix

Hi Fiz

No mushy sound at all.... What is confusing is though..... Why should the left button draw boxes on the desktop and act like the right mouse button ?

I dont mind stripping this new unit down to check the wiring etc....

What do you reckon ?

maxmix

maxmix, Dec 27, 2008
  5. maxmix

fizikz

Did you make sure the trackpad is configured as right-handed? It would really be quite strange if the buttons were actually wired backwards. Just so you know, disassembling the unit is a bit tricky, but you can find many good posts in this forum showing how to do it, should you choose that route.

fizikz, Dec 27, 2008
  6. maxmix

maxmix

Defo set to right handed, when I set it to left handed no buttons would work !

I had to Alt/Tab/Space around lol

maxmix

Is their any warranty seals I will be breaking when I strip this ?

maxmix, Dec 27, 2008
  7. maxmix

fizikz

I haven't disassembled it myself (had a tech install the RAM upgrade), but I don't think there are any seals.

fizikz, Dec 27, 2008
  8. maxmix

Spyrorocks

I am having a similar issue with my 110.

I can't left click at all, and tapping on the trackpad doesn't click properly either. I tried to install windows xp, and the same issues came. Left click = right click and right click = nothing. I tried all the drivers, settings, and everything. Reinstalled windows 4 times before reinstalling the default linux os like 3 times. Still no luck...

Spyrorocks, Dec 27, 2008
  9. maxmix

maxmix

Woo Hoo :D

Used the RAM dissasembly guide....

Took it all apart down to, (before mobo removal)

Everything looked 100%, no trapped cables and microswitches seemed perfect....

Put it all back together....

Switched on just to check KB was connected OK before I packed it up for return....

Voila !

All 100%, so there must have been a loose ribbon cable, but obviously taking part and rebuilding seated the cable OK again....

Happy Bunny :)

maxmix

maxmix, Dec 28, 2008
  10. maxmix

maxmix

Well one month later (Machine has been used around 6 times and not really moved) The buttons have resorted back to the way they were !

Everything was fine until I let the battery run very low and the One went into hibernation...

Anything in this ?

maxmix

maxmix, Feb 1, 2009
  11. maxmix

veeone

you can use the software to make an area of your touch pad work as the right mouse button. Check out the settings.
    for example if you slide your fingers along the right side of the touch pad it scrolls up/down.
    You can create an area that work as a right click.

veeone, Feb 2, 2009
  12. maxmix

maxmix

I have seen this....

I'd rather get to the bottom of this or get the unit returned since it is pretty new :)

maxmix

maxmix, Feb 2, 2009
  13. maxmix

Guest Guest

I have the same issue, does anyone have any suggestions?

Guest, Feb 19, 2009
  14. maxmix

carlos_arias1

try and o a full recovery of windows, wipe out everything and do the recovery , save all ur data before and do a full recovery, and if its keep doing what u describe then open ur netbook

carlos_arias1, Feb 21, 2009
Ask a Question