onetouch4sale touchscreen kit

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by tom_coombs, Jun 16, 2009.

1. tom_coombs

tom_coombs

hi all
    i have searched for this and not found a solution that works or a similar problem come to that.

i bought this touch screen kit http://cgi.ebay.com/8-9-Acer-Aspire...34.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|301:1|293:1|294:30
    and installed it as directed (usb from the webam) and installed the driver from this page
    http://www.e3b6a5y.com/manual/TouchScreen.html

thing is windows 7 does not recognise the kit or hub being there.
    I have 3 system base devices in the device manager and asume that these could be the new hardware
    (both sd readers work - so i know the base devices are not card readers)

i have tried forcing driver installations from the driver folder using update driver but no joy - always get either
    error code 10 - device will not start, or a message that the hardware is not compatible.

any other ideas?

pretty anoyed as took me 30 mins to install the hardware and has now been 3 days of frustration with the drivers!!!!!

help please.................
    p.s no idea how to install it in ubuntu what so ever.

tom

Spec - AA1 1.6Ghz, 8GBSSD, 1.3GB RAM, 16GB SD, Dual boot Win 7RC1 + Ubuntu 8.10 (from 8GB USB)

tom_coombs, Jun 16, 2009
  2. tom_coombs

jerryt

Disconnect power wire and reconnect after boot and see if you get new device in device manager. Sounds like D+ and D- are reversed.

jerryt, Jun 16, 2009
  3. tom_coombs

tom_coombs

thanks jerryt
    i have tried that - any other ideas - as i still get just base devices - driver and sodtware do not recognise the prescence of the hub or the touch panel.

tom_coombs, Jun 17, 2009
  4. tom_coombs

jerryt

Standard procedure. Wire the Hub/controller to a usb plug and plug in to one of the side ports after boot.

If windows does not find any device, the Hub/controller may be bad.

jerryt, Jun 17, 2009
Ask a Question