Only 100 minutes of battery life?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Matjaz, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Matjaz

Matjaz

Hi there!
    I have a 120 GB AAO with 1 GB of RAM, Windows XP and a 3-cell battery. I've had it for about a month now and I'm bothered by extremely low battery life. All reviews I've found claim that AAO lasts around two hours and a half (150 minutes), however I'm unable to even squeeze 100 minutes out of it with WiFi enabled and screen on lowest brightness. If I disable WiFi, I can get additional 20 minutes, but not more. Is my battery faulty or are all those reviews referring to the SSD version and it's the hard drive that eats all that extra power? I'm curious, because I intend to replace the battery (regardless of it's 'condition'), but I'm wondering whether I'll be able to get full five hours out of it or just 200 minutes ... (in that case, I'll just have to buy an SDHC and put Linux on it when I'm on the road ... :) )

Matjaz, Oct 27, 2008
  2. Matjaz

oh_johny

Try the newer bios 3305, it is supposed to help. I installed over the weekend, brand new laptop, so I don't know how long it would last on the old bios. There is also a battery seasoning procedure listed in the manual, that is supposed to help the battery life. I am doing it now, it consists of charging the battery completely, then unplugging and running it til it dies, repeat for 2 more times, and that is the procedure. I am at 2 hrs 19 minutes and am using wireless - it says I have 40% left. I am also using the fan control utility which should help the battery life as well.

oh_johny, Oct 27, 2008
  3. Matjaz

Yosser_UK

Mines the same. Really poor battery as well, I haven't timed it but the battery timer seems to drain in front of your very eyes. Might try the new BIOS, but everything seems to be working fine and I don't want a noisy fan if I update the BIOS.

Yosser_UK, Oct 27, 2008
Ask a Question