Only one card reader working...

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Magritte, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Magritte

Magritte

Hi,

I've got an Aspire One N270 (AOA150-1153). I installed the Windows 7 beta build 7000. Originally I was able to get everything working including both card readers. I used the Jmicron card reader XP driver from Acer's site and they seemed to work. But now for some reason i find that only the card reader at the front left works. The card reader at the rear right no longer works at all. When I put a SD card in it nothing happens.

I've tried rebooting, uninstalling and deleting the drivers from device manager and installing some newer Jmicron card reader drivers that are specified for Vista that I found on HP's site. If I delete the drivers from Device Manager it does detect and install drivers when I put a SD card in the rear right slot, but then nothing else happens. It never brings up the SD card in Explorer. The other slot continues to work fine.

I was thinking of getting a fast SD card to keep in the front slot to see if Ready Boost actually improves performance in Windows 7, then use the rear slot for file transfers so I'd like to have both slots working.

Anyone else experience this issue and hopefully find a solution?

Thanks!

Magritte, Jan 11, 2009
  2. Magritte

dmillergv

When I installed 7, I had 4 errors in device manager. They were all fixed
    after I installed the Jmicron drivers. The version I used is 1.00.16.01.
    Hope this helps
    D i c k Miller
    Hot Springs Village, AR

Forgot to say that the SD cards are 8G fast ones. They don't work in my older readers but
    are ok in newer PCs..

dmillergv, Jan 12, 2009
  3. Magritte

Magritte

Do they work on both readers?

Thanks?

Magritte, Jan 13, 2009
  4. Magritte

Whitey

yep, works for both readers. just done it and tested it myself.
    hth :D

Whitey, Jan 15, 2009
Ask a Question