OpenGL games not working

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ManyCowsMoo, Jan 27, 2009.

1. ManyCowsMoo

ManyCowsMoo

Hey guys, I got windows 7 installed on my AAO and I love it, but I'm addicted to this multiplayer tetris game that wont work on windows 7 for me :( It crashes on start up and says: check to make sure your driver is fully updated for opengl, or something to that effect. I've tried the default video card drivers and a modded version, but neither work. Strangely, the game works fine on XP. Could you guys try the game out and see if it runs for you? Link is: http://cultris.ath.cx/ , it's a small download so it shouldn't take long.

If it does work for you, could you tell me what video card drivers youre using?

ManyCowsMoo, Jan 27, 2009
  2. ManyCowsMoo

Tamrac

"Strangely, the game works fine on XP."

Strangely? Dude, this game is most likey made for XP. Of course it will work with XP. Windows 7 is a new OS.... Alot of games right now still don't work with VISTA mush more so on Windows 7. There's nothing wrong with your drivers, it's just that the game you are playing with must be updated to work with windows 7. Try compatibility mode, right click on the game shortcut and find the entry where it says run in compatibility mode, choose windows xp. But most times, that feature don't work either. Cheers. :)

Tamrac, Jan 29, 2009
  3. ManyCowsMoo

ManyCowsMoo

Well, it works on my vista machine and on my other computer with windows 7 which leads me to think its a driver issue. Could someone do me a favor and try to run it to see if it runs on their AAO? Let me know what drivers you're using if it works. I'll try out a few different drivers to see if I can get it running myself.

ManyCowsMoo, Feb 6, 2009
  4. ManyCowsMoo

ManyCowsMoo

Actually, I just tried out this driver: VGA_Intel_v.6.14.10.4926 and it looks like its all working!

ManyCowsMoo, Feb 7, 2009
Ask a Question