Opera not Firefox

Discussion in 'Linux' started by alfabarry, Aug 25, 2008.

1. alfabarry

Blingin2Mingin

Oops I didn't make myself 100% clear there. I was talking about the POP/IMAP client built into the browser. I use it as pop client for a yahoo address and an Imap client for googlemail (gmail anywhere else but uk). I have never used operas mail service only the client that is built into their web browser.

Blingin2Mingin, Oct 29, 2008
  2. alfabarry

Blingin2Mingin

I have noticed this happen occasionally on my Ubuntu rig but not on the AA1 with Linpus (perhaps I never have enough tabs open on the one). On the Ubuntu box I have a kill app utility on the bottom panel. This kills the window but it usually leaves a process running that I have to kill with Gnome System Manager. On re-start opera takes me back to exactly the same pages in exactly the same tabs as its was when it froze. On the same box Firefox 3 (not the beta) will crash at random intervals. probably more often than Opera freezes.

Blingin2Mingin, Oct 29, 2008
  3. alfabarry

artisvita

installed opera because of firefox' irritating pauses. works fine and fast, but with my aao 110 it has two serious problems. perhaps there is someone who could help.

1. the mplayer plugin loads .wmv files up to 98% and then stops. sometimes it plays the file after the 5th or 6th click on play, more often it doesn't play them at all. firefox 3 comes to the same halt, but then plays the file by a simple click on play.

2. opera sets the keyboard to "latin without dead keys". so you can't set accents on letters. the accent ´ or ` comes first and then the letter. i'm living in france, so this is useless. all other software, including firefox 3, use my normal keyboard, which is "latin", i.e. with dead keys.

anyone a solution ?

thanks in advance

reinhard

artisvita, Nov 1, 2008
Ask a Question