Optimizing the Acer 1410

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Guest, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I did a search and probably because I don't know the exact wording I got nothing but I need some help.

I really want to optimize the performance of my new Acer 1410. I just upgraded to windows 7 with the free upgrade disc and deleted a ton of stuff but in the process must have deleted at least one thing I needed because a few things aren't working correctly anymore.

So I guess I will start over. But what is the easiest way to get rid of all this junk I don't need? I basically just want the operating system, Windows 7.

Thanks in advance.

Guest, Dec 30, 2009
  2. Guest

Forone

Best things: 1) go to Microsoft Update and install updates, including any "optional" updates to Acer drivers; 2) use Revo Uninstaller instead of the Windows utility to uninstall unwanted applications, and 3) run CCleaner (both file and registry scans) to delete all the useless files and registry entries. What to delete? Don't be too quick to delete things you might miss later - the machine is yours not some internet know-it-all's. There's lots of time to decide. Don't trust me - confirm this and all advice with Google searches and learn from the mistakes you just made by being in a big rush.

Forone, Dec 30, 2009
Ask a Question