Orange Power Button

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by mickflan, Aug 14, 2011.

1. mickflan

mickflan

Hi All,
    I have bought my daughter a Aspire 0ne zg8 A0531h but could get passed the bios password so i made a bootable flash drive did the bios flash with the 3304 bios now all i am getting is a orange power button light press it and goes green for about 1 second then goes back orange, no fan no power basically, have i killed this or can i get to flash the bios again to try and get it working.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Mick

mickflan, Aug 14, 2011
  2. mickflan

DutchDK

There is no bios password set from the factory. Did youy buy the zg8 used ? If so, contact the seller and get the Bios password from him.

DutchDK

DutchDK, Aug 14, 2011
  3. mickflan

mickflan

Re: Orange Power Button ZG8

Dutch,
    Thanks for your reply but i have got the password and it would not go in every time i put it in after 3 times just said system halt and frooze up thats why i tried the bios flash. No other lights come on just the power button orange goes green for about 1 sec then back to orange.

mickflan, Aug 14, 2011
  4. mickflan

mickflan

Re: Orange Power Button ZG8

Sorry forgot to say its used.
    Mick

mickflan, Aug 14, 2011
  5. mickflan

mickflan

Well, i have managed to get hold of a service manual for this machine but there is no mention of this orange light syndrome but it tells ya how to bypass bios and hdd passwords.
    Is the Motherboard dead on this machine HELP! LOL
    Mick

mickflan, Aug 15, 2011
  6. mickflan

bpopilek

Did you have any luck figuring this out? I am in the same boat with an Acer ZG8 (AO531h) netbook. I tried flashing it to bypass a BIOS password my daughter set, but now am stuck with an orange/amber led on the power button. Is there any way to recover from this? Thanks!

bpopilek, Aug 31, 2011
  7. mickflan

mickflan

Well,
    I am afraid to say the only way around it is to have a new bios chip put in.
    I haver done this if your in the uk nice bloke called Biosmaster did mine for 30 quid, i just need to get passed the HDD password now anybody know how to do this.
    Mick

mickflan, Sep 3, 2011
Ask a Question