OS X on the new 10.1" AAO?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by superchink, Mar 9, 2009.

1. superchink

Kamisaka

I've sucessfully installed 10.5.6 with the iDeneb guide that yohko101 posted, only things that don't work are the wifi (waiting for Dell card). I get random mouse lags and the USB ports seem unreliable, as in I see the USB flash drive under system profiler, I just doesn't show in finder, also USB mice get the random lagg as well... (help plz..?~)
    Other than those small problems, everything works fine~ Been watching movies on the D150 and its totally awesome

Kamisaka, Apr 26, 2009
  2. superchink

yohko101

thats really weird, i don't have any problems with my usb nor my trackpad when i had ideneb on my d150 :?: on boot up, try using -f option, its suppose to load all your kext properly as i read on the other guides.

yohko101, Apr 27, 2009
  3. superchink

birdtales

Has anyone managed to get Sleep and/or Hibernate to work on the D150? I am completely in love with the install and have everything that I need to work, working except these two.

When it is supposed to go to sleep the screen just freezes but doesn't turn off. Tapping the keyboard brings it back but it really never went off thus saving nothing in the battery life.

birdtales, Apr 27, 2009
  4. superchink

Kamisaka

Thanks for the tip, will try the -f thing when i can =)

Kamisaka, Apr 28, 2009
  5. superchink

nicholms

With the set-up I have, I don't have any trouble with the lagging cursor or pointer (or phantoms thereof). I DID have that trouble when I installed the driver to allow mirroring, and that is why I no longer use the mirroring (I have not installed it again, and instead rely on spanning to another display or projector for presentations).

I've used all three USB ports for flash drives, a DVD drive, and a hard drive, without a single issue thus far.

As for sleep or hibernate or whatever it's called... I don't know, really, but I can say that with my set-up:
    - Sleep itself will cause a kernel panic mandating a hard restart, no matter how it is initiated.
    - I can close the computer and the display will turn off, and it will turn back on when the computer is opened. It seems that there is no reduction in energy use by the computer and that processes continue (I tested this while transferring files, and the files transferred to and from a network drive without an issue, even if the lid was opened and closed during the process).
    - The display will darken after a set time, if I let the computer sit past the time set in the display sleep slider in the energy saver system preferences pane. Closing the computer lid maintains the darkened display. Awakening is by either hitting 'esc' or opening the lid.

Cheers.

nicholms, Apr 28, 2009
  6. superchink

Kamisaka

Just got my Dell DW1390 today, everything works beautifully out of the box.
    however even on -f mode i cannot see my USB drive mounted on finder, it is however able to be recognized under system profiler.. Hmm..
    The mouse lagg seems to have gone though =)

Kamisaka, Apr 29, 2009
  7. superchink

Kamisaka

Can someone post up the Kexts for the USB chipset in the D150?

Kamisaka, May 1, 2009
  8. superchink

nicholms

I'm not sure where to begin with getting the right kext for your USB needs... There are loads of USB-related issues that might play into the problem you have with storage or the cursor lag (since you're looking at the USB storage and the USB mouse both causing the same problem, though additional things might be wrong, too). Instead of hit-or-miss, you might start from scratch or try an alternative version to install OS X. I never had the lagging cursor/pointer issue with my install from XxX until I installed a video driver for mirroring the video. I didn't like the flaky behavior, so I re-installed the OS and have not re-installed in the driver for mirroring (and advise against the driver for everyone who has installed from XxX). in my case, the USB driver I had was fine, but other factors caused the cursor problems.

nicholms, May 5, 2009
  9. superchink

sdx

hi guys,

i have this problem, my screen flickers for about a minute or two. when i was watching in youtube, it happened. and also it happened afterwards when i did software upgrade.

any ideas about this?

sdx, May 5, 2009
  10. superchink

yatinto

HOLA MUCHACHO

BUENO NO HABLO INGLES, PERO TRATARE DE HACER UNA PEQUEÑA GUIA DE INSTALACION DE XxX xOS 10.5.6 UNIVERSAL EN AAO D150.

YA LO INSTALE Y ME ESTA FUNCIONANDO PERFECTO, LOS PUERTOS USB, FUNCIONAN PERFECTO, EL TECKPAD Y EL MOUSE USB FUNCIONAN PERFECTO, NO HAY KERNEL PANIC...

QUE NO FUNCIONA:
    1- LA WIRELESS NO FUNCIONA, HAY QUE CAMBIARLA POR LA DE UN DELL 1390 O 1490, FUNCIONAN PERFECTO
    2- EL MICROFONO TAMPOCO FUNCIONA

OK, EMPECEMOS CON LA INSTALACION:

ARRANCAMOS DESDE EL CD DE XxX xOS 10.6.6 UNIVERSAL, Y HACEMOS TODO LO NORMAL DE LA INSTALACION... SELECIONAR EL IDIOMA, CREAR LA PARTICION DONDE VAMOS A INSTALAR LEOPAR, ETC,ETC.

Y EN LA PARTE DONDE SELECCIONAMOS LOS COMPONENTES Y DRIVERS A INSTALAR SELECCIONAMOS LO SIGUIENTE:

* ESSENTIALS SYSTEM SOFTWARE
    *OPTIONALS BOOTLOADERS
    -CHAMELEON SMBIOS
    -DSDT PATCHER
    *SYSTEM KEXT
    APPLE DECRYPT
    -NULL CPUPMANAGEMENT
    -SMBIOSEFI ENABLER
    -PS2 NUB ENABLER
    *OPTIONAL KERNEL
    -STAGE 9.4.0
    *CHIPSET SUPPORT
    -ICHX CHIPSETSUPPORT
    -NEW ICHX (ICH 10)
    -APPLE AHCIPORT_EXTENDED SUPPORT
    *GRAPHICS DRIVERS
    -LAPTOP DISPLAY KEXT
    -LEOPARD GRAPHICS UPDATE
    -INTEL GMA GRAPHICS
    +DARWIN GMA 950_0X27ae
    *POWERMANAGEMENT
    -ACPIBATTERY MANAGER
    -ENHANCEDSPEEDSTEP
    *USB FIX
    -USB FIX
    -IOUSBFAMILY 3,2,8 PLUGINS
    *OTHERS
    -AHCI ORANGELCOM FIX
    LOCALTIME TOGGLE
    *TOOLS
    -USTEDES PUEDEN SELECCIONAR AQUI LAS HERRAMIENTAS QUE NECESITEN, RECOMENDADAS EL KEXT HELPER

UNAVEZ SELECCIONADO TODO ESTO, DEJAMOS QUE SE INSTALE LEOPARD Y SE REINICIE.

CUANDO EL PC ESTE INICIANDO POR PRIMERA VEZ, PRESIONAMOS F8 Y ESCRIBIMOS cpu=1 y enter
    ESPERAMOS QUE CARGUE EL SISTEMA OPERATIVO, LLENAMOS TODA LA INFORMACION

UNAVEZ CARGADO EL SISTEMA OPERATIVO, TENEMOS QUE INSTALAR UN PKG, QUE SE LLAMA "Cpus=1" ESTE PKG ES EL ENCARGADO DE PONER A FUNCIONAR EL TRACKPAD, Y EL MOUSE USB, PUSETO QUE SI EL AAO D150 SE INICIA CON LOS DOS NUCLEOS DEL PROCESADOR, NOS VA A FUNCIONAR MAL EL TRACKPAD Y EL MUSE.
    EL SONIDO ALC272 Y LA RED ATHEROS AR8121/AR8113, LO INSTALAMOS CON EL KEXT HELPER, LOS CUALES NOS LOS HA SUMINISTRADO YOHKO101 AL COMIENZO DE ESTE HILO.

BUENO, OJALA LES SEA MUY UTIL ESTE PEQUEÑO TUTORIAL....

SALUDOS DESDE COLOMBIA

yatinto, May 7, 2009
  11. superchink

towunder

For the sake of the thread being search able, I'll repost yatinto's post through the magic that is Google Translations: (I tried to correct what I could)

HELLO THERE

DO NOT SPEAK GOOD ENGLISH, but I will try to make a small Installation Guide Annexes XxX 10.5.6 Universal AAO D150.

INSTALL AND ME AND WHAT IS RUNNING PERFECT, USB PORTS, PERFECT WORK, THE MOUSE AND USB TECKPAD work perfectly NO KERNEL PANIC...

THAT DOES NOT WORK:
    1 - THE WIRELESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU HAVE TO CHANGE FOR A DELL 1390 OR 1490, operate
    2 - THE MICROPHONE DOES NOT

OK, let's start with the installation:

Boot from the CD XxX 10.6.6 Annexes UNIVERSAL AND DO EVERYTHING FOR NORMAL INSTALLATION ... Select language, to create a partition where we will install LEOP, ETC, ETC.

WHERE IN THE SELECTED COMPONENTS AND DRIVERS TO INSTALL select the following:

Code:
    * SYSTEM SOFTWARE ESSENTIALS
    * OPTIONALS BOOTLOADERS
        CHAMELEON-SMBIOS
        DSDT-PATCHES
    * SYSTEM KEXT
        APPLE Decrypt
        NULL-CPU MANAGEMENT
        SMBIOSEFI-ENABLED
        PS2-ENABLED (Clouds?)
    * OPTIONAL KERNEL
        9.4.0-STAGE
    * CHIPSET SUPPORT
        ICHX-CHIPSET SUPPORT
            NEW ICHX (ICH 10)
        APPLE-AHCI PORT_EXTENDED SUPPORT
    * GRAPHICS DRIVERS
        LAPTOP DISPLAY-KEXT
            LEOPARD GRAPHICS UPDATE
                GMA-INTEL GRAPHICS
                    DARWIN 950_0X27ae + GMA
    * POWERMANAGEMENT
        ACPIBATTERY-MANAGER
        ENHANCED SPEEDSTEP
    * USB FIX
        USB-FIX
        3,2,8-IO USB FAMILY PLUGINS
    * OTHERS
        AHCI ORANGELCOM-FIX
        Localtime Toggle
    * TOOLS
    -You can select the tools they need here, we recommend KEXT HELP

SELECTED once all this, let them LEOPARD INSTALL AND RESTART.

IF your computer is first started, press F8 AND WRITE cpu = 1 and enter, wait to load the operating system, fill out ALL information

Once load the operating system, we have to install a PKG, which is called "CPUs = 1" PKG THIS IS THE PLACE TO OPERATE A trackpad, and mouse USB PUSETO if the D150 AAO began with the two nuclei of process, we will work the trackpad EVIL AND THE MUSE.

I don't completely understand this piece, is there really a package called "CPUs = 1" that fixed the multi-threading kernel panic, or is this an attempt to explain why cpu=1 is needed?

THE SOUND AND THE RED ALC272 Atheros AR8121/AR8113, install KEXT TO HELP, WHICH WE HAVE PROVIDED YOHKO101 TO THE BEGINNING OF THIS THREAD.

BUENO, OJALA LES SEA UTIL THIS VERY SMALL TUTORIAL ....

GREETINGS FROM COLOMBIA

towunder, May 8, 2009
  12. superchink

sam.hackint0sh

Before anyone tries to take apart his D250 to replace the wifi card, read here:
    viewtopic.php?f=73&t=14008

Other than that, I got OSX working, currently working out a fixed DSDT to make the system run fully vanilla and maybe even with working powermanagment. The acpi table supplied by ACER to the OS is a pain in the ass and terribly broken.

Best installing DVD atm is xXX 10.5.6 V2 Final, if you want it really easy, use that.

Here some notes I made:

Added:
    * Install Chameleon 2, it's much nicer
    * VoodooPS2 installed (/Extras)
    * AppleCPUPMDisabler (/Extras)
    * System "hung" a bit on mouse move -> IO802 kext was buggy, removed it and works. Kext seemed to attemp in a endless loop to load a Atheros driver. (Might be the new Atheros ethernet, whcih causes this, not wifi card)
    * Battery just needed AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext found on googlecode

Todo:
    * Sleep does not work -> acer acpi sucks cock in hell
    * Vanilla Kernel still not booting with proper param -> acpi oh acpi my beloved friend
    * No Sound yet -> not important to me, will do once everythign else works

hardware:
    * wifi card in D250 is just half size, that sucks
    * second mini pci-e is now the goal

sam.hackint0sh, May 9, 2009
  13. superchink

dionisos

Folllowed yohko101's guide ( viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12172&start=10#p82248 ) to install IDeneb v1.4 on my AAOD150-1197:
    There been some terribles Kernel Panics and mouse freezing over here.
    Giving a second shot without the "broadcom" driver (the one I should probably never had tried to use, since I still hocked with the original chip anyway) and the intel too.
    My roadmap gona be:

Hardware: ACER ASPIRE ONE D150-1197
    External DVD: HP (MATSHITA UJ-840D
    PEN DRIVE: KINGSTONE DataTraveller

Since I plan to install later on :
    (video)
    AppleIntelGMA950
    AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer
    Natit
    (network)
    AttansicL1eEthernet
    (audio)
    VoodooHDA

Gona post my results im minuts.
    Hope it work better than the last try!
    best regards to all and big thanx to all u ppl

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Something weird is happening here: ("bad sleepimage header signature/hibernate failed" appears on every boot)
    1st BOOT (SAFE MODE "-x")
    No lags on mouse, tryed to install video kext (but i think it failed, since i left them on the usb drive instead of sending them to the desktop) and rebooted.

2nd BOOT ( NORMAL MODE)
    Lags on mouse, Kernel Panic after about 3 minuts, terrible acess to the USB drive.

3rd BOOT (SAFE MODE "-x")
    No lags on mouse, no "KP", fast acess to USB Drive.
    Instaled the 3 video related KEXTs, and rebooted (now "boot caches" apears during the shutdown)

4th BOOT ( NORMAL MODE)
    Lags on mouse.
    Installed Aboutthismac package and the DoNotSleep.mpkg
    Launched "OSX86Tools.app" and clicked "Enable/Disable Quartz GL".

5th BOOT (NORMAL MODE)
    Lags on mouse.
    Launched OSX86Tools and command to "Repair Persmissions"
    !!!Kernel Panic!!!

6th BOOT (SAFE MODE "-x")
    No Lags on mouse
    Installed the AttansicL1eEthernet and the VoodooHDA KEXTs
    Launched OSX86Tools and command to "Repair Persmissions"

7th BOOT (NORMAL MODE)
    Mouse Lags
    Removed external DVD, usb pen drive and shutdown the system, rebooted again (8th boot...) and the mouse still freezing...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Does anybody has any tips?
    Cheers!

dionisos, May 10, 2009
  14. superchink

yohko101

i usually do '-f -v -s' on the first boot so i can see if theres anything funny thats going on. the -f option i think is suppose to load all the kext properly on the first boot. after it loads the welcome screen the first time, i reboot, boot -s again, and flag the AppleSetupDone. Set the root password and configure a new user. i didnt really run into mouse lag issues, or the USBs.

yohko101, May 11, 2009
  15. superchink

sam.hackint0sh

Mouse freeze is easy to fix.

- Open Terminal
    - go to /System/Library/Extensions/
    - remove IO802... kext (the one for wifi)
    - remove AppleAirport.. kext
    - remove ../Extensions.mkext
    - reboot

Mouse is fixed now. The IO802 tries to recognize your Atheros card and endless loops in fail attemps to load the driver which causes the lag.

sam.hackint0sh, May 11, 2009
  16. superchink

dionisos

"failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPS2Nub "
    does anybody has a clue?
    :D
    tanx a lot, as aways... it's being a real lesson participate here.

dionisos, May 11, 2009
  17. superchink

dionisos

One more question please?!
    If I run those commands:
    - Open Terminal
    - go to /System/Library/Extensions/
    - remove IO802... kext (the one for wifi)
    - remove AppleAirport.. kext
    - remove ../Extensions.mkext
    - reboot
    Will I be able to use an external wifi dongle?

Tanx again!

dionisos, May 11, 2009
  18. superchink

dionisos

yohko101, wold you post the process and commands for it( of course... if you can)?
    I'm pretty new to the stuff
    :}

dionisos, May 11, 2009
  19. superchink

sam.hackint0sh

You installed VoodooPS2?

About the extenral dongle, I dunno. In case it doesn't run a full own kext base, you might want to check inside the IO802 kext (which is actually a folder just recognized as package) for the Atheros stuff and send it to hell.

sam.hackint0sh, May 11, 2009
  20. superchink

yohko101

after the initial installation, on the bootloader, press f8 and type '-f -v'. you'll see a bunch of text scroll up and will see how osx boots. if you get stuck here and dont see the welcome screen, you might want to reinstall or troubleshoot the problem. If you get past the welcome screen and need to setup your mac for the first time, what i do is command+q to quit and reboot.

on the bootloader, press f8 and type '-f -v -s'

Code:
    # /sbin/fsck -fy
    # /sbin/mount -uw /
    # passwd root
    [enter a root password - this is the equivalent to an administrator account]
    # touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
    # cd Volumes
    # ls
    [this will list the mounted volumes.  find the volume you had osx installed in, and cd into that.  Assuming Leopard is the volume u had osx installed in: ]
    # cd Leopard/var/db
    # touch .AppleSetupDone
    # shutdown -r now

after the reboot, you should see the screen to input a user. put in root and the password that was created. after that, create a new user for you to use instead of the root account. :]

yohko101, May 12, 2009
Ask a Question