OS X on the new 10.1" AAO?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by superchink, Mar 9, 2009.

1. superchink

dionisos

dionisos, May 12, 2009
  2. superchink

dionisos

Looks like the guide is for the AAOA150, as many around.
    I do encorage the ppl who masters the ways around to try make one definitive!
    I think we got a lot of information here, and could finish one definitive "how-to".
    =]
    again, tanks a lot for the help I received!
    cheers!

dionisos, May 12, 2009
  3. superchink

senas8

Damn no luck yet with the sound on D150 ehh? I need to get this working... must be a way :geek:

senas8, May 13, 2009
  4. superchink

sam.hackint0sh

Can you grab your DeviceID and VendorID from the System Profiler?

According to the D250 Service Manual, I got a Realtek Audio Codec ALC272X, either grab the service manual for your model from the acer service technican site or tell me your id's and I can tell you which driver to use.

sam.hackint0sh, May 13, 2009
  5. superchink

nicholms

Refer to the earlier post in this thread by yohko101 (maybe on the 3rd of 4th page) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12172&start=10#p82248. There, the file required to allow sound out is described and available.

A couple of people have had trouble with their installations being buggy and I would recommend that they try out the XxX installation that is described (and improved upon) earlier in the thread.

nicholms, May 14, 2009
  6. superchink

sam.hackint0sh

Yes VoodooHDA works for the 10.1 models (272) but beware its experimental.

QUick question, is any 3G model owner here? I am desprate looking for one who can do some test for me regarding the bottom mini-pci

sam.hackint0sh, May 14, 2009
  7. superchink

senas8

"

If this was for me than the model is D150 -1577

senas8, May 14, 2009
  8. superchink

senas8

Yes the voodooHDA works but when I use Traktor/ mixing software sound skips .. freezes etc.

senas8, May 14, 2009
  9. superchink

Mavke

Mmm gone through this seems interesting and has anyone experience with this and an Aspire One D250?

Mavke, May 20, 2009
  10. superchink

ironslave

ironslave, May 26, 2009
  11. superchink

NaplesBill

I have a recently purchased AOD250. I looked at almost every other netbook and I've decided this is the best one yet(IMO of course). The Asus is a close second. All the others seem like they are made from cheap plastics and the D250 is much thinner and sleeker.

I have successfully installed iDeneb 1.4 using this guide. I do have working sound but no network. I used the kext for the attansicL1e but it didn't work. I edited the plist file to change the hardware id from 1026 to 1062. I now have the kext loading but I cannot get the lan to aquire dhcp or use a manual ip. The lights come on on the port but it appears there is something else just not working. I guess it's safe to assume the Atheros network card in the D250 is slightly different than the one in the D150. Everything else seems to be working so far. I will try using my RT2700 based USB wireless when I get home later.

BTW, I have also loaded Windows 7 RC1 and it works incredibly well. I really have zero complaints with Windows 7 on this netbook. I haven't even upgraded to 2GB of RAM yet.

****** UPDATE ******
    I reinstalled because of a strange problem where the mouse (trackpad) would hesitate very so often. I noticed when using -v the system was continously saying something about Atheros and not having a driver. This time I chose the same options but included the Atheros AR5007 and the Atheros WiFi drivers. The drivers didn't seem to make anything work but I no longer have the hesitation issue.

I also installed my LinkSys WUSB54GC wireless USB and it works on my home network.

NaplesBill, May 27, 2009
  12. superchink

NaplesBill

I have my built-in wireless working using KisMAC trunk r319 and a replacement IO80211Family.kext

It isn't seamless or elegant but it works. There is plenty of info on this on insanelymac.

NaplesBill, May 29, 2009
  13. superchink

TaskMaster

I was going to replace the wireless card on my D150 I bought at Staples and I noticed the installed card was a Broadcom based wifi card, just not supported (listed ID) in the current IO80211Family.kext. I edited in the ID of my card, repaired extension permissions and poof new network detected. It has woked flawlessly since and I don't need Kismac (which I fooled around with on my wife's A150 before swapping the card out for a DW1390).

TaskMaster, Jun 7, 2009
  14. superchink

tomt

Hi

Will iDeneb 10.5.6 work on my standard Acer One 10.1" D 150 ??

Will the sound, USB and standard wireless work ??

tomt, Jun 7, 2009
  15. superchink

TaskMaster

Sound, ethernet and wireless will not work out of the box. If you have the BCM9431MCG wireless card you can get it to work with a simple edit (a tag on the bottom of the unit will say "Contains Transmitted Module BCM9431MCG" if you have that card). Sound requires VooDooHDA kext and Ethernet requires AttansicL1eEthernet kext installed. I didn't have to do anything special for USB.

TaskMaster, Jun 7, 2009
  16. superchink

minefield

hello,
    i see there is still lack information about installing OSX86 into D250. so can anyone provide a bulletproof tutorial / walkthrough of making it run well as close as possible (with all hardware works perhaps ? ) it would be nice guide for others too

minefield, Jun 9, 2009
  17. superchink

yohko101

i think it would helpful if you outline what the hardware the d250 has. atleast that way, we can probably comment on compatability and maybe which kext you should load/have :D

yohko101, Jun 10, 2009
  18. superchink

TaskMaster

yohko101 - in your sig you say you have a D150 and don't list anything as not working and I was just wondering if that means you have the internal mic working?

I have an issue also when I enable QE/CI with OSX86Tools - videos online actually get choppy and are smoother without it. I am talking about the AOD150 so if anyone has a suggestion please let me know.

Thanks.

TaskMaster, Jun 11, 2009
  19. superchink

NaplesBill

I have the D250 and I am able to install OSX using iDeneb 1.4 and following the steps for the 150. I have also had some success getting the Atheros wireless working via the KisMAC method. It is very inconsistent with the wireless though. I also often get kernel panics. I am still trying to figure out where the panics are coming from.

I have NOT been able to update to 10.5.7 and get the video working. I have tried 3-4 times using the MSI video drivers and it kills my OSX every time. I've tried doing the natit.kext along with the MSI drivers and it still doesn't want to work. Once I install the MSI package I cannot even load OSX in safe mode. I have loaded OSX on several machines and I've never had this strange of a problem. I have done all the repair permissions, etc...

The Webcam and SD slot worked without any additional effort beyond the OS install. I used the AppleAzalia kext for audio. All the USB ports work as well. I have not tried the VGA output yet.

I haven't given up on OSX yet but I really like Windows 7 RC1 on this machine. It is fast, stable and looks great.

NaplesBill, Jun 11, 2009
  20. superchink

yohko101

I didnt check the mic working because i really dont use it lol. As for the QE/CI, it should be Core Image: Hardware Accelerated & Quartz Extreme: Supported. what osx86tools does is enable the Quartz GL.

yohko101, Jun 11, 2009
Ask a Question