OS X retail install

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by Guest, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I wanted to install osx with a boot-132 and retail dvd. I got a boot-132 called bumby that lets me boot and get to the aura screen with a spinning beach ball where it stops no matter how long I leave it.

Anyone know of a boot-132 that works better for the AAO? Apparently that is my problem according to some other sites. Or is there something else I'm doing wrong. I had to use "cpus=1" just to get this far.

Guest, Aug 5, 2009
  2. Guest

rory

Need to experiment mate. Use slimbuild gui to make a boot 132. I could never make them work... But you might.
    For a while I wanted retail, then realised what the heck the hacked distros update fine, i may as well leave it...

rory, Aug 5, 2009
  3. Guest

aceRkev

My first post was asking exactly the same thing, Thanks for the help Rory, will get on the hacked ones now I know they work and it's still legal!

/runs off grinning :D

aceRkev, Aug 10, 2009
  4. Guest

MasterJediAdam

It is totally possible to get the Retail install going. pm me an email address and I will send you what I have in the realm of a written tutorial.

MasterJediAdam, Aug 25, 2009
  5. Guest

rory

Cant you post it on the forum?

rory, Aug 25, 2009
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

xcsd

I gave up retail and just installed Kalyway 10.5.2 I would like to move back to retail though. I pm'd my email to you MasterJedi

Guest, Aug 29, 2009
Ask a Question