OS X Sleep Bounty: $290/~£200 total

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by xtr.eme, May 8, 2009.

1. xtr.eme

tieitsch

Re: OS X Sleep Bounty: $250 total

I'm a poor student but I'd offer 20€ for a completely working Mac OS X on my A150.
    20€ = ~$30

tieitsch, Jun 27, 2009
  2. xtr.eme

harlley sathler

Re: OS X Sleep Bounty: $280 total

Well, I'm a poor student too (the One is my primary machine) and due to the exchange tax on my country I can't offer so much, but at least $10 I sure can!

harlley sathler, Jun 29, 2009
  3. xtr.eme

xtr.eme

bump ;)

xtr.eme, Sep 12, 2009
  4. xtr.eme

rory

tbh money isnt the motivation for people fixing sleep. we have been trying to do it for a year with no success. And any netbook that sleeps has always slept. i dont hold out much hope.

rory, Sep 12, 2009
  5. xtr.eme

xtr.eme

It's good to know that there are some people actively working on OS X for the aspire one - unfortunately I'm very reliant as it is OS X which I have no experience with. I have had a go at porting some of the linux fan control stuff to OSX but it's a huge task to make it compatible, OS X really is completely different. Theres also always a graphics driver that has no artifacts AND does vid out.

Has anyone had any small success with OS X hacking on the AAO? Always interesting to know.

xtr.eme

xtr.eme, Sep 13, 2009
  6. xtr.eme

nickday

Hi,

Has anybody got sleep or hibernate to work yet?

I'm currently on 10.6.1 but would happily go back to 10.5.x if necessary to get sleep or hibernate working. I'm using the retail disc of 10.6 with Netbook Installer which installed fine. Would I have more success with using one of the builds of 10.5 with the voodoo kernel? I've tried changing the sleep settings with SmartSleep too but that didn't work either.

Thanks,
    Nick

nickday, Nov 5, 2009
  7. xtr.eme

SbM

The One has never been able to sleep with Mac OS X, be it 10.5 or 10.6. So you'd better stick with 10.6.

SbM, Nov 5, 2009
  8. xtr.eme

semis

I was able to use hibernation with SmartSleep an an iPC distro under 10.5.8, but it was buggy. It's not worth in my opinion, i'd rather have 10.6 with no sleep. ;) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11666

semis, Nov 6, 2009
  9. xtr.eme

velayo

I got hibernation working flawlessly with a chameleon v3 beta fixed for that matter. I used smartsleep to hibernation only. Then changed sleepmode to 5 on terminal, which allowed me to use secure memory. The only issue is that if I wake up from hibernation the AAO has to be plugged in or it will immediately go back to sleep. Lately I found a solution for that which involves a little program called Sleepless. When sleepless jumps in, it prevents the AAO from going back to hibernation.

A side effect of hibernation is that I get my atheros card to work and then it stays working after it wakes from hibernation. A positive side effect I may add.

My AAO is a 250, by the way.

Hope this helps.

velayo, Nov 8, 2009
  10. xtr.eme

SbM

It probably would help if you could provide a step-by-step installation procedure for what you're talking about. Sounds promising, anyway.

SbM, Nov 8, 2009
  11. xtr.eme

velayo

velayo, Nov 9, 2009
Ask a Question