OSX + D250 JPN Model = Non-working KB/Mouse? Help please?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by kenzo, Mar 18, 2010.

1. kenzo

kenzo

Hi all!

Just picked up a AAOD250-BW18 here in Japan. Not sure what the foreign equivalent of this model is. The specs are pretty much the same as the other D250's I've seen here.

Specs:
    -----------
    Intel Atom N280
    160 GB
    Synaptics Touchpad (Pretty sure this is correct. Installed the Synaptics drivers in W7 and everything works perfectly.)
    Lite-on Webcam
    Display runs at a resolution of 1280x720
    Wifi is Broadcom BCM94312HMG (Not an Atheros chipset, but I heard that a replacement is needed nevertheless.)
    GMA500 / 950 Chipset

What I've done so far:
    ----------------------------
    Updated BIOS to 1.26
    Installed 2GB RAM stick
    Installed OSX 10.6 using MechDrew's Guide (USB via W7/Retail SL DVD/Latest NBI)
    Dual Booting between OSX (partition 1) and W7 (partition 2)
    -Fixed Boot problem
    -Fixed UTC problem

What works:
    ----------------
    -Sound works with VoodooHDA kext
    -Webcam works (Although it seems that a generic driver/kext was used. iGlasses doesn't recognize the webcam. Neither does the System Profile it seems. But Photobooth does work with the webcam.
    -Bluetooth seems to work, as it shows up asking if I want to be discoverable, etc.

What doesn't work:
    -----------------------
    -Very shockingly...the keyboard and mouse. The two things I pretty much need to work. Using USB peripherals for now.
    -Otherwise the same as everyone else. Ethernet, internal mic, Wifi, sleep (haven't tried the other fixes).
    *The keyboard is a Japanese layout keyboard with the extra keys and all. Just wondering if that matters.

This is pretty much my first time dealing with kexts and such. So far I have the VoodooHDA in the Additional Kexts folder. After I add the kexts, I run the Update Kexts (Or something of the sort) application. The one with the black shoe icon. Then I restart the computer. Just wondering if this is the proper procedure using the NetBookInstaller method. Running RC5/Final at the moment.

I've searched around and tried to use the VoodooPS2 kexts to fix the issue, but my keyboard and mouse are still not working. Also tried some of the kexts on the Voodoo forum, but not sure if I installed them properly. Seems not many people were using the NBI kext method. I'm hoping that someone would be kind enough to help me out with this. I don't believe I came across anyone with the same issue and it's quite disappointing. If it weren't for this, I'd be loving my D250! Actually I still love it, just would be nice to actually use the keyboard/mouse.

Thanks! Glad to join the club! :D

kenzo, Mar 18, 2010
  2. kenzo

kenzo

Just to clarify on where I'm putting my kexts. They're going right now into the folder that NBI created. In the OSX drive /Extras/Additional Kexts. Then I run the Update Kexts app.

Reading up on kexts and installations now. Also going to update to 10.6.2. Perhaps BIOS 1.26 does something?
    If anyone could help me, I'd be eternally grateful. (Well perhaps not eternally, but I'd be VERY grateful. :) ) If additional info is needed, I'll provide it ASAP. ;)

kenzo, Mar 18, 2010
Ask a Question