OSX fully working?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by sjb05004, Nov 30, 2008.

1. sjb05004

sjb05004

Has anyone been able to get all features working in any certain install? I'm considering purchasing a different wifi card and installing it, but have a few reserves. Is it worth the extra money and taking apart your machine?

sjb05004, Nov 30, 2008
  2. sjb05004

jermzkill

is it worth it? the card is only $15 and it takes like 10 min to take apart, replace, and put back together the laptop. Is it worth it, IMO yes. I think it is a matter of how important Mac OS X is to you. Read the iAtkos thread if you really want to go further.

jermzkill, Nov 30, 2008
  3. sjb05004

acid810

Hey everybody

I am a longtime windows and Linux user who is also an IT consultant. I am certainly not an Osx86 or Hackintosh expert only having converted my Aspire One 160gb and two other machines. I started my first back in march and because it was an amd chip and nforce mobo I had a lot of trouble getting it to work. The One however was just as easy as installing Winblows or Linux. Like the previous poster said, just read the thread and follow the instructions it is simple to do. I can say one thing is for certain, you must get a dell 1390 card, I tried another broadcom card that is supposed to work but it did not. 1390 is Directly supported by the os. No messing around with kexts and stuff. My install is essentially flawless Kalyway 10.5.2, only the card readers and sleep do not work. It doesn't matter much though it is the quickest booting machine I have ever seen. Like less than 30 seconds. One thing that is somewhat annoying is the fact that some windows are larger vertically than what can be displayed with only 600 lines. Those are pretty isolated thankfully. I can definitely say that the speed is phenomenal and every bit as good as winblows XP, in fact it seems MUCH faster. I could not be much happier, just wish I had a high capacity battery, 2 hours on a full charge is about all you'll see. Use the Voodoo Beta 2 c kernel and give it the cpus=2 flag to enable hyperthreading, it is much snappier. Also if anyone knows of a tool that can enable a large desktop resolution with scrolling, please do let us know. It would alleviate my one major complaint of the oversized windows and dialogue boxes.

Acid810
    Main Rig/Audio Production Workstation: 10.5.2 AMD x2 [email protected], Asus m2n-sli-deluxe, 2gb, 500gb, 8600GT
    Netbook: 10.5.2 Acer Aspire One, 1GB, 160GB, Dell 1390 Wlan

acid810, Nov 30, 2008
Ask a Question