OSX

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by stevejobs, Jul 12, 2008.

1. stevejobs

ajacocks

Well, the built-in card is an Atheros-based card. I can confirm, however, that the Ralink driver works fine, if you use one of their USB 802.11n adapters (Belkin Wireless N USB Adapter, http://microcenter.com/single_product_r ... id=0260567). Only annoyance is that the Ralink card uses its own GUI, and not the built-in Apple AirPort interface.

Not that it matters, but I have an Aspire One 150.

ajacocks, Aug 21, 2008
  2. stevejobs

SbM

Well ajacocks, the point was to use this driver to enable the internal wifi card supplied by Acer, not some USB dongle. But thanks anyway, that's good info ;)

@bingggo: just saw what you meant by "installing Broadcom package". I'll have to try the iDeneb distribution then ;)

SbM, Aug 21, 2008
  3. stevejobs

hongcho

Just a question before I do anything drastic to attempt to fix the sleep issue...

Has anyone got sleep working with any distro?

That's the only thing I'm missing (that I care about, I guess, for now) for my Aspire One 150...

Hong.

hongcho, Aug 21, 2008
  4. stevejobs

SbM

Didn't work here with Kalyway, and doesn't work now either with iATKOS. Always restarts the machine.

If you find a way to solve it, I reckon it will be more than useful to everyone!

SbM, Aug 21, 2008
  5. stevejobs

stiopa

how about oryginal wifi card still not working ?

stiopa, Sep 3, 2008
  6. stevejobs

rory

no the original wlan card does not work!

rory, Sep 4, 2008
  7. stevejobs

2manydjs

Tiger would indeed be a better choice than Leopard for the 8GB SSD. I've tried a few Tiger releases (Kalyway 10.4.10, XxX 10.4.11, JaS 10.4.8, ..) so far they al hung on boot at "BSD root". This happens either when booting from DVD or install from USB disk. Please let me know if somebody has a successful setup!

2manydjs, Sep 7, 2008
Ask a Question