Overclocking breakthrough or just some dumbasses?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by xtr.eme, Apr 15, 2009.

1. xtr.eme

xtr.eme

xtr.eme, Apr 15, 2009
  2. xtr.eme

jackluo923

Um.. It's not a break through and i'm not dumbass. LOL :lol:

The undervolting method was known about half a year ago. I just didn't post it up on notebookreview.

The overclocking through SETFSB works according to one user from this forum. I can detect the clockspeed and FSB, but I can't change the FSB thus I can't get it to overclock. I've already sent an e-mail to setFSB developer to program setfsb to be compatible with AAO. I hope he replies back.

jackluo923, Apr 16, 2009
  3. xtr.eme

xtr.eme

Crap you found me :lol:

I guess I'm the dumbass - I assumed that the fact that everyone was saying no overclocking meant that it couldnt be done!

I don't know much about overclocking, but doesnt the fsb overclock other components besides the cpu?

I'd be interested in the settings you've tried - does undervolting noticably reduce heat of notebook/cpu? Also, how many of these tools need to be run constantly/at startup?

xtr.eme

xtr.eme, Apr 16, 2009
  4. xtr.eme

jackluo923

Undervolt doesn't reduce heat a lot... it's barely noticible. That's because the standard atom chip runs very cool. The main heat source if the intel's GMA 950 IGP and the old chipset.

And yes.. changing the FSB will also be changing the speed of some other components..eg.. ram
    It won't change the pci or pcie bus because you can lock the frequencies. You can change it if you want.

And the tools must be running for the settings to take affect.

jackluo923, Apr 17, 2009
  5. xtr.eme

xtr.eme

I guess there's no way to undervolt the chipset/gpu then (other than hardware mods)?

xtr.eme, Apr 17, 2009
  6. xtr.eme

jackluo923

It's possible to control the voltage of the chipset through software, but there's currently no developer working on this for acer aspire one.

jackluo923, Apr 18, 2009
  7. xtr.eme

xtr.eme

hmm then why did the gmabooster developer tell me this by email:

xtr.eme, Apr 18, 2009
  8. xtr.eme

jackluo923

He's saying that through his software, it cannot alter the voltage of the chipset and he's not aware of any other solution besides hardware mod.

It's technically possible to adjust almost everything through software, it's just that nobody skilled enough had any interest in creating such a program for this specific chipset. I undervolt the northbridge, southbridge, cpu, gpu, vdimm all through software in windows.

jackluo923, Apr 19, 2009
  9. xtr.eme

xtr.eme

Well that generally sucks then...

xtr.eme, Apr 19, 2009
Ask a Question