Overclocking the Acer Aspire One

Discussion in 'Windows' started by aonavy, Oct 20, 2008.

1. aonavy

aonavy

is it possible. Ive been doing some research. I know people have been doing with the eepc.

aonavy, Oct 20, 2008
  2. aonavy

goofball

Need to find the PLL/clock generator first. Then see if SetFSB has it in the database or not.

goofball, Oct 20, 2008
  3. aonavy

Veazer

I think it may have once been possible, but it may have been blocked with recent bios updates. There's an AAO torrent that included SetFSB and noted which PLL is used in the AAO, but it didn't work for me. The original author of the document claims he can get nearly 2 GHz speeds running stable.

I'd like to have a 'bios expert' compare the new and old bios images and see if this capability could be put back.

Veazer, Oct 20, 2008
  4. aonavy

aonavy

I dont see setfsb having the pll for aao. ive looked but no luck.some of the other pll pull up info but dont want to adjust anything...could hurt it. so really setfsb would be the way to go then? when its ready

aonavy, Oct 20, 2008
  5. aonavy

Frojd

There have been several threads on overklocking already. Apparently the setfsb developer has said that the clock generator of the AAO isn't software controllable, so we are out of luck.

Frojd, Oct 21, 2008
Ask a Question