Package Manager

Discussion in 'Linux' started by elizabethamb, Feb 12, 2009.

1. elizabethamb

elizabethamb

Oh dear, one problem resolved and another one appears. I tried to open add/remove programs and got the following message:

Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: livna. Please verify its path and try again

What does this mean please and what can I do to resolve it. Please use simple terms as I very new to the AA1 and Linux. I have searched via Google but do not understand the solutions.

Thanks

Addition - Just found Phil Urich's fantastic advice on this which works. Can't seem to cut and paste the link -

OK - here it is - don't know what I'd do without this forum.

elizabethamb, Feb 12, 2009
  2. elizabethamb

Amanuensis

I have been getting the same error response when I open add/remove software. It started after I downloaded Firefox 3 although that ran first time and I left Firefox 2 installed as I understand that some of its files are used by linpus.

Anyone got any advice.

Amanuensis, Feb 13, 2009
  3. elizabethamb

Amanuensis

Amanuensis, Feb 14, 2009
  4. elizabethamb

Grim Squeaker

Livna is not "dead at the moment" - it is dead forever as far as normal usage is concerned. RPMFusion replaced it months ago.

You can read how to activate those repositories here:
    http://rpmfusion.org/Configuration

Grim Squeaker, Feb 15, 2009
Ask a Question