Package Manager

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Jezmondrose, May 19, 2009.

1. Jezmondrose

Jezmondrose

To someone out there that uses the package manager - can you share your settings - my AA1 (Linpus) will not connect
    See screenshots of my standard (straight out of the box) fedora settings[attachment=0:1faymihc]Screenshot.png[/attachment:1faymihc]

Jezmondrose, May 19, 2009
  2. Jezmondrose

solpuerto

Hi Jezmondrose

Not sure what you are trying to do but if you are trying to update your repository I suggest another method. I have never used the Package Manager for this.

I suggest you open Terminal by pressing Alt and F2 keys together then click Run.
    Then type or copy/paste the following,

sudo yum install fedora-release

and wait till you get your initial prompt back.

As you may be aware Linpus is based on Fedora8 but Acer do not update the repository. For that matter neither do Fedora for version 8, as it is an older version and they have dropped all support.

If you are trying to find an additional programme select the Search tab and input the name of the programme and then click search.

Ensure you have a good recovery or backup in place such as this on macles blog,

http://macles.blogspot.com/search?updat ... -results=7

Best wishes

solpuerto, May 19, 2009
  3. Jezmondrose

RockDoctor

RockDoctor, May 20, 2009
Ask a Question