Package Manger hangs on Resolving Dependencies

Discussion in 'Linux' started by loweb1, Oct 9, 2008.

1. loweb1

loweb1

I've looked through the forum and it seems like there are a few other people who have this issue but I haven't been able to find a solution yet.

I've turned on the menu when I right click on the desktop, and from there I go to System>Add/Remove Software to get to the Package Manager. I'm trying to add a circuit simulator under Applications>Engineering and Scientific then Optional Packages>qucs

Once I hit the apply button the pop-up Resolving Dependencies bar makes it about 3/4's of the way and then just stops. No errors, but it'll sit there for over an hour doing nothing.

I've got the following repositories enabled in the Package Manager:
    fedora - Fedora 8 i386
    updates - Fedora 8 i386 Updates
    updates-newkey - Fedora 8 i386 Updates Newkey

And I have run the command:
    Code:
    sudo yum update fedora-release
    The first time I ran it I think it actually did something but when I go back and rerun it now I get:

Code:
    audit_log_user_command(): Connection refused
    Setting up Update Process
    Could not find update match for fedora-release
    No Packages marked for Update

Not sure if that's because I've already run it and there's nothing new to update or if because there is a connection problem. Obviously my connection o the internet is good, since I'm writing this post on my AA1, and I don't think its a problem with my router not allowing certain traffic since I've tried this from various connection spots.

Live Update still works too.

I'm not a complete linux novice but I've still got a lot to learn, so any pointers here would be greatly appreciated.

loweb1, Oct 9, 2008
  2. loweb1

jhedrotten

same prob here dude, can't even get it work. im done with everything you have here as well, and i cannot even open up pirut. it always get stucked at 1/4th when it's pulling up the list and info on the repository.

jhedrotten, Oct 10, 2008
  3. loweb1

loweb1

I found out I am able to download other programs from the package manager, just not that particular circuit simulator.

What's pirut?

loweb1, Oct 10, 2008
Ask a Question