Partially installed mystery program

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by unglued, Oct 5, 2008.

1. unglued

unglued

Hi,
    We just bought an Aspire One and followed all the hacks to get it up to scratch. But before we got around to creating a backup one of the kids was surfing and answered "OK" to God knows what popup and now we lost the network connection functionality. There is this mystery grey box with a star which, on a mouse over, says "New item This item has not yet been configured". I'm assuming this has jammed up the works. Any suggestions as to how one goes about identifying the software and scratching it?
    Cheers!

unglued, Oct 5, 2008
  2. unglued

JDM498

this is not a program but if you hit alt+f2 it takes you to xface device manager and from there of you click on the on the symbol with the mouse pic it lets you apply numerous panels Im gussing there toolbars idk. Im stuck with this because I have that same toolbar with a star and it deleated my bottom toolbar and eraseed my wifi connection aswell as my icons .My acer one no longer gets online and im having problems trying to reinstall the toolbar.Gl+please help.

JDM498, Oct 5, 2008
  3. unglued

JDM498

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=225&p=32019#p32019

http://www.xfce.org/download/

FOUND THIS.but it does not answer/solve the problem how the hell do you get bottom startup toolbar back without having to recovery cd?HELP! F the panel manager fud my acerone up and disabled my wireless signal.There is suppose to be a add icon menu that pops up but it doesn't .Please help someone/.

JDM498, Oct 5, 2008
Ask a Question