Password Root

Discussion in 'Linux' started by raouf_ayed, Jul 20, 2009.

1. raouf_ayed

raouf_ayed

good morning, i buy a new aspire one AOA110, but the problem that i have no Skype there (I'm using to communicate with my colleagues), to install it i need the Root Password .

please there are someone who know if there are a universal PWD for Linpus or aspire one's default Password ??

plz help me

raouf_ayed, Jul 20, 2009
  2. raouf_ayed

rotolo

hi,
    i had the same problem but i read about a way to change the root password.as below
    ) Open a terminal by going to My Documents in the Files group. Then choose File > Terminal.

2) Type “xfce-setting-show” (without the quotation marks) and hit Enter.

3) In the Settings Manager window that appears, select the Desktop icon. In the Behavior tab, check the box that says “Show desktop menu on right click.” Now you have access to the system’s advanced menu by right-clicking on a blank area of the desktop.

4) Open a terminal and type “sudo su” and hit Enter. Type “passwd” and Enter. Type in a new root password. The password cannot be a dictionary word but a combination of letters and numbers. Retype the password.

5) Right-click on the desktop and choose System > Add/Remove Software. Enter the root password you set and use the Package Manager to install the programs you want.
    enjoy

rotolo, Mar 5, 2010
Ask a Question