Permanent Partition in Acer Laptop?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by kenward42, Apr 22, 2010.

1. kenward42

kenward42

I have an Acer Aspire 5315-2153 Laptop Computer with an 80GB HD. However only about 32GB seem to be available for use by me. The balance of the drive is said to be for data. However, I am wondering if there is some way to break that permanent partition, to allow me to use more drive space for my program files, as I have used up the majority of the C Drive 32GB and keep getting a low on memory message.

kenward42, Apr 22, 2010
  2. kenward42

Swarvey Moderator

These "Recovery" and "Data" partitions really annoy me, I don't know why they can't just bundle recovery disks with these machines anymore.

Anyways, If you're using Windows, it's as simple as Right-Clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage". This will open up the Computer Management Console.

Under "Storage" choose "Disk Management"

Select the "Data" partition you wish to destroy, Right-Click on it and choose "Delete Volume"
    Once that's completed (should only take a few seconds) you can now Right-Click on your primary partition, and select "Extend Volume". Tell it to take up all available space. Usually without even rebooting your computer, your primary partition will have been extended to fill the entire drive, leaving that room available for programs etc

Swarvey, Apr 23, 2010
Ask a Question