Phone Modem

Discussion in 'Linux' started by trader, Aug 3, 2008.

1. trader

trader

Does anyone know how the aspire one can connect to a mobile phone as modem? I have an eee and connecting my Nokia through dialup was a breeze. I cant even seem to find an option with Linpus.

trader, Aug 3, 2008
  2. trader

hmraao

Ok, so if I understand you correctly, you connect you Eee to a dialup internet service through your Nokia mobile using (you don't say what type of connection but I would guess) bluetooth and you want to do the same with your AAO. Well the AAO doesn't have bluetooth, but you could always try tnkgrl's Take apart, RAM upgrade, and Bluetooth mod or a less extreme bluetooth dongle approach. (I hear even Tesco do them, now.)

If what you mean is that you connect your Nokia to your Eee to make cheap internet phonecalls via its broadband connection, then the above might not be what you require.

Ephraim Tutt takes the cases no one else wants.

UPDATE: Further research has revealed that Nokia handsets can be connected to PCs using either USB or infrared links, as well as Bluetooth, in order to act as a modem (Use Your Nokia Phone As A Modem). However, Nokia software only seems to be available for M$ Windows and Mac OSX operating systems. So, if you're looking for Linpus support, you may be out of luck.

hmraao, Aug 22, 2008
  3. trader

hmraao

hmraao, Aug 29, 2008
Ask a Question