Photo manipulation with RAW...will the AAO hack it?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by wanderlust, Feb 17, 2009.

1. wanderlust

wanderlust

Well, I guess I can add myself to the ever expanding list of AAO owners now. PIcked up one yesterday from Curry's Digital for £152 and change. Its worth asking in store if they have any "refurbed" stock in, as they've dropped the list price to £179 and there's next to know stock left. Mine had been returned due to some new part-timer telling the customer that it would work with mobile broadband. Manage to wangle myself a tidy discount so I can spend the savings on upgrages and add-ons - recommendations anyone?

wanderlust, Feb 22, 2009
  2. wanderlust

srvaao

I didn't see this mentioned, but Canon's DPP requires 1024 x 768 so it wouldn't run on my AAO (saw the stuff about second monitor but I'll stick to the travel situation). I'm guessing this would hold true for all netbooks except the upcoming Dell Mini 10 with the higher resolution.

I use a 1D Mark II and have resorted to uploading and viewing with Elements 6. I've only done a little work with RAW on my AAO, but it was acceptable. The real work is so much better with a mouse, full-sized keyboard, and a quad core computer.

Forgot to mention, I upgraded the wireless to an Airport Extreme card for N capabilities and the RAM to 1.5GB. Runs nicely.

srvaao, Feb 23, 2009
  3. wanderlust

MParker

From another thread: Go to display properties settings and the advanced button, go to monitor and uncheck the Hide modes box. You can set the screen to 1024x768

I opted to install a1ctl, a free utility that offers a variety of screen resolutions, fan control, etc.
    http://nodadev.wordpress.com/pc-projects/a1ctl/
    I'd suggest a donation the developer.

MParker, Feb 23, 2009
Ask a Question