Photo softwares

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by robert456, Feb 27, 2009.

1. robert456

hanso

I use Photoshop Elements 7 on the D250. Together with Premiere Elements 7.

While Premiere behaves like a good Windows app, Photoshop does not. I have not found a way to let it fit into a 1024x600 screen, it insists on 1024x768 as a minimum. That does not block its usage, it works fine.
    I have seen Photoshop misbehave in windows resizing on my dual monitor main system too.

Hans

hanso, Aug 10, 2009
  2. robert456

Stuart Graham

Liked this discussion, can anyone tell me if it's possible to load just Adobe Bridge from either CS2 or CS3? Like the original post I would like to do minor adjustments on Raw images. I would prefer to be able to utilise Bridge from CS3 as you can adjust the colour balance etc on Jpegs as well as raw images from this platform.

Stuart Graham, Nov 16, 2009
  3. robert456

Dooms_day

photoshop cs2 works great on my win7 AA1. all stock, no upgrades.

Dooms_day, Nov 21, 2009
  4. robert456

brownlitlle

Picasa (free) has a relatively small footprint and might be adequate for you.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    women health

brownlitlle, Jul 22, 2010
  5. robert456

Forone

I'm with those who use PS on my main machine but wanted a lightweight but capable program for the netbook: I finally settled on Irfanview, which is free, does a lot and has an economical screen.

Best is that it is compatible with PS filters and RAW formats. It also has pretty good documentation, so learning is not so hard. (FAQ says it runs on Linux with WINE but can't confirm.)

http://www.irfanview.com/

Plug-ins

http://www.software.com/irfanview-plugins-9374-1

Forone, Aug 4, 2010
  6. robert456

Betty321

On my AA1 with WinXP, I have PSElements7 & PSPro8. I want to temp. put CS5 on it because I am going to a seminar for it. Do y'all think will it be ok since I plan on uninstalling it ( CS5) after the classes? Betty

Betty321, Sep 21, 2010
  7. robert456

Forone

I'm skeptical that these netbooks have the guts (not to mention the screen, though you can attach a monitor) even for serious work on Elements, once you get into multiple layers and large files - but you can try. Do your homework on optimizing XP and Photoshop to minimize demands, for example:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/404/kb404439.html

There are other tip and trick sources online. Good luck.

Forone, Sep 21, 2010
  8. robert456

bratislav

I suggest that u use Photoshop CS2,because it loads fats,and doesnt use lots of your CPU and memory.

I am using it on my AOO and its cool,i will never change cs2 for any newer version of photoshop

bratislav, Oct 29, 2010
  9. robert456

shashishekhar

Use photoscape

photoscape is freeware program and also didn't require high space or ram :ugeek: .

shashishekhar, Dec 3, 2010
  10. robert456

titikaka

Photoshop Elements or Lightroom. Or is you want something super-small then freeware IrfanView. All depends on how complicated editing you need to do. If it's just for photography I'd say Adobe Lightroom.

titikaka, Jul 13, 2011
  11. robert456

nadiamoqaddas

I think Adobe Photoshop is the best software

nadiamoqaddas, Mar 4, 2012
  12. robert456

ElliottM

I use GIMP, I think it's a good alternative for Photoshop. I guess Photoshop CS5 is really awesome program, I used the trial for it and was stunned with the design.

ElliottM, Jul 2, 2012
  13. robert456

Sidewinderx3

Like the others have said, Photoshop and Lightroom are my go-to photo editing program. However, if you can afford it, I'd highly recommend getting the Nik Software plugin collection, vastly improved my workflow. The control point system works perfectly.

Sidewinderx3, Feb 24, 2014
  14. robert456

Sefie

If you don't want to bloat your machine, then you can try one of the many online photo editors there are out there. I personally love one named PicMonkey. That photo editor is very similar to Photoshop in the options it offers you, but is also very easy to use!! I really recommend it, it has everything you'd need for editing your personal pictures, this editor is great for casual photographers and their pictures.

Sefie, Mar 4, 2014
  15. robert456

hispoiema

I really like Gimp. It is amazing. Everything seemed backwards to me when I first started using it, but after a while I got used to it. Great program and free.

hispoiema, Mar 8, 2014
Ask a Question