Photomaster

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by SLB, Nov 3, 2008.

1. SLB

SLB

Hey, I'm a Linux newbie and still really struggling to get to grips with it. I'm not very impressed with the Photomaster, in that you can't do anything with the pictures. I'm not any sort of whizzkid and just want to do a bit of editing with 'red eye' and 'cropping' etc. Has anyone got any suggestions/solutions. Thanks

SLB, Nov 3, 2008
  2. SLB

Blingin2Mingin

Blingin2Mingin, Nov 3, 2008
  3. SLB

SLB

God, I still can't get the hang of downloads on Linux. Once i've downloaded, what do i do next to install it?!!!

SLB, Nov 3, 2008
  4. SLB

Blingin2Mingin

Easy way
    (Make sure you have an active internet connection so installer can pull in any dependencies required from Fedora repositries)
    Go to Downloads Folder
    Double click on rpm file.......Package installer will launch.
    Input password when asked.
    Click on install button.
    Let installer install package.

You will find that picasa is installed in the advanced (right click) menu but not in the Desktop menu.
    You can also launch it from the the Alt + F2 run applications dialog by typing picasa and clicking on run.

To add picasa to your Desktop you will need to edit your group-app.xml file.
    see this thread.http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4350
    The line to add would be along the lines of.

<app sequence="0">/usr/local/share/applications/picasa.desktop</app>

where "0" would mean it was first in the list and "1" second and so on.

Blingin2Mingin, Nov 3, 2008
  5. SLB

SLB

Thanks, in my haste I missed the bit you'd written underneath about wanting the Fedora version and downloaded the wrong one! Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

SLB, Nov 3, 2008
  6. SLB

SLB

P.S. I can't believe it, I've even managed to get it onto my desktop now and just had a go with it - it's easy to use and perfect for me, so thank you once again. :D

SLB, Nov 4, 2008
  7. SLB

derek

Thanks to the contributors above, I've successfuly downloaded ver 2.7 for now.
    Just one puzzle, "available on the right click advanced menu"- I cannot see any icon under any of the headings.
    Is this correct???.
    Understand the next step if it doesnt appear- why technically is this???, would be to introduce an icon on the desktop, but will leave this for now and use the Alt2 method.

derek, Apr 18, 2009
Ask a Question