Picasa 3 import problem

Discussion in 'Linux' started by mjs, Nov 2, 2008.

1. mjs

mjs

Hi all,

I just installed Picasa 3 beta on my new Aspire A150 linux netbook. It installed just fine,
    and works perfectly, other than the fact that when I try to import photos from a regular memory stick pro inserted into the card reader, it seems to hang on 'Transferring'. The card and stick themselves are fine, as I can manually copy the files through the file manager to the hard drive, where Picasa can read them.

Has anyone else had problems with Picasa and importing from an inserted memory stick?

mjs, Nov 2, 2008
  2. mjs

Blingin2Mingin

Yes I have the same problem importing from an XD card, I put it down to the program being in beta. The work around of manually copying the files works fine for me.
    I actually got the import function to work once but it renamed all the files image###.jpg and also wiped the exif data. So I haven't attempted to use the import utility since.

Blingin2Mingin, Nov 2, 2008
Ask a Question