picasa web album

Discussion in 'Linux' started by poor1, Dec 29, 2008.

1. poor1

poor1

Using Google's Picasa picture program with Windows it is possible to set up an excellent web site where invited friends can visit and view photograph album which have been uploaded to it. It works excellently with windows To enable a fried to view an invitation is sent via email.

Using Acer Aspire One with standard Linux program, the email is received inviting the viewing, but when I try to open the link I get the message "500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR". Has anyone any idea how to overcome this problem please, or is it simply that Picasa with not work with Linux?.

poor1, Dec 29, 2008
  2. poor1

shanz

me too :cry:

shanz, Dec 31, 2008
  3. poor1

daldred

I haven't seen this issue personally, but error 500 is a response from the server where the files are held, not the AAO. I wonder whether the link provided in the email is splitting across lines, and the One's email program doesn't re-connect the parts of the link?

I've given up on the Acer email program anyway, and use Thunderbird which provides rather more features.

daldred, Dec 31, 2008
  4. poor1

cinijast

maybe try a different web browser , and a 500internal error is on their end , try putting :80 at the end of the address and copy and pasting it int the address bar , or yu coul;d try putting :2572 at the end but this is unlickely to work . for alittl;e epxlenation search google for port 80 webservers or somehting :) hope this helps . :)

cinijast, Dec 31, 2008
  5. poor1

shanz

Works with Thunderbird instead of OneMail.

shanz, Jan 18, 2009
Ask a Question