Please Help D250 integrated Bluetooth problem

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by kraken11429, Aug 29, 2009.

1. kraken11429

kraken11429

Hi all,
    I have purchase a brand new D250 in Amazon and the integrated Bluetooth is not working.
    Whenever I click in the Icon on the task bar it states the following. "Bluetooth device not found. Please verify that your Bluetooth is properly connected and turn on"
    I have tried to install new hardware with not look, the new hardware install application says that the device is working properly. Then I tried upgrading the drivers and not look since that is the latest version and neither can be roll back.

I sent my pretty nice netbook back to Amazon, and receive a few days latter the same model and the same everything and also the same problem with the F#%$% Bluetooth……. Yep I really like this version and I want to keep it but in the other hand I have paid extra for this model over the D150. I think I will be able to open the computer to remove the Bluetooth card and restart the system to see if that is the problem but I don’t know where is located at and how it looks like.

Please help me anyone. what could I do to resolve this issue?

I have purchase already several of this Acer One’s for all my family, and we are really happy with them!
    1x 8’9 D110
    1x 8’9 D150
    1x 10.1 D150
    1x 10.1 D250
    Ps: don't butter to tell me that a Bluetooth Dongle is only a Couple of bucks because this is not the point. :lol:

kraken11429, Aug 29, 2009
  2. kraken11429

Queen6

I know this sounds a dumb Q but, did you push the BT button above the "F2" key and left of the hard drive LED, it hardly moves however once pushed it turns on the BT and illuminates in the typical bright blue LED light...

Until it is physically connected on the D250 the BT software wont detect the hardware etc. The button/indicator is not the easiest thing to see, and had me scratching my head for a while. I just remembered when the system installed it briefly flashed on.

Q-6

Queen6, Aug 30, 2009
  3. kraken11429

kraken11429

Upssssss ........... I feel so Dumb

I dint realized that the BT thing has a embedded external button to turn on a off the interface I just tough it was LED cover. Also it is not state on the manual booklet that I should press that thing yada yada yada yada..........

or maybe I am getting old for this technology jajajajaj ajajajjajaj

Thanks to Quen6 for saving tha Day.

kraken11429, Aug 30, 2009
  4. kraken11429

Queen6

Your welcome, it one of those things, if you are aware about the button it is obvious, if you dont know about it then it`s really not so clear cut. I bought my D250 on impulse as it was on a special price of $274 for only one hour. I didn't pay much attention to the BT until I wanted to pair my BT GPS, then the fun started for me.

Q-6

Queen6, Aug 30, 2009
  5. kraken11429

TomFernandez

I'm really starting to think I need some help here, I can't seem to enable the bluetooth at all. I press the area just to the left of the HDD access lite and nothing happens, no blue light, nothing. I've got a D250. I got bluetooth running with a dongle, but always thought it was built-in. I've removed the dongle and re-booted, could somebody please help? Thanks.

Tom

TomFernandez, Sep 14, 2009
  6. kraken11429

TomFernandez

I figured it out, my model doesn't have bluetooth. Grrrr!

TomFernandez, Sep 16, 2009
Ask a Question