"Plugged in not charging"

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by fbeans, Dec 16, 2015.

1. fbeans

fbeans

I have an Acer Aspire 7250. Currently I'm on the third replacement battery. I just put the third battery in and it continues to say "plugged in not charging. I've searched the web and have done all the things it suggested. Update drivers, uninstall drivers and so on. The computer runs without a battery installed so it can't be the power cord. I just don't understand, 3 replacement batteries and still the same problem. What am I missing??

fbeans, Dec 16, 2015
  2. fbeans

shadejb

What is your battery percentage ? If you set the limit for the battery to not go over a certain percentage (normally 80-99%) then it will stop charging at that point. Otherwise, try to calibrate your battery before sending it back: Let it drain until it shut down in safe mode, then turn it on and try charging again.

shadejb, Dec 16, 2015
  3. fbeans

fbeans

It's the 3rd replacement battery and came from uBatteries (all three did) at 74%, just like the other two. I drained #2 battery and that didn't work. After draining I plugged it in and still "plugged in not charging". I just can't see getting 3 bad batteries from the same company. It can't be the power cord because the laptop works with the power cord. Apparently Acer doesn't sell replacement batteries. So do I suck it up and spend $70-100 on a battery? Is battery quality directly connected to price?

fbeans, Dec 16, 2015
  4. fbeans

something back

Some online ADVICE LISTS

Resetting a Removable Laptop Battery

Step 1
    Remove the power cord from your computer and turn it off completely.

Step 2
    Remove the battery, and press the Power button for 15 seconds to drain any remaining electrical charge in the computer’s system.

Step 3
    Reinsert the battery pack into place, plug in the power adapter, and re-boot your laptop.

something back, Dec 16, 2015
  5. fbeans

fbeans

Yeah, did that too. Thanks

fbeans, Dec 16, 2015
  6. fbeans

fbeans

From what I'm reading......Acer is a P.O.S....... I researched before I bought it and didn't see this problem.

fbeans, Dec 16, 2015
  7. fbeans

fbeans

Big ticket items should never be bought at....................WALMART....................

fbeans, Dec 16, 2015
  8. fbeans

shadejb

Buying spare battery is a bit tricky if you can't find official vendors and price doesn't correlate directly with quality. The majority of batteries comes from China, and it's really hard to distinct the good ones from the counterfeit. I'd say check the battery wear level, or "battery health" as some software calls it. If the wear level is high then it won't be able to keep charge. Other than that, your best bet is to pick a vendor with good reputation, or go to a laptop repair store in your area that you're familiar with.

shadejb, Dec 17, 2015
Ask a Question